Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   x40 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   V40 t4 sport lux maya gold (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=283078)

gazO2V40T4 Jun 17th, 2018 16:34

V40 t4 sport lux maya gold

So the time has come the car is no longer being used so it has to go

V40 T4 sport lux in maya gold the bodywork is in good condition for a car of this age it has full heated cream leather 17” Arcadia’s

Front strut brace
Boost gauge fitted to drivers side heater vent
Forge motorsport dump valve and blanking plate
Sports exhaust which is not loud at all

It has 6 months mot
Some service history
Low mileage under 70000 on the clock

It’s in need of some tlc as I simply don’t have the facilities to sort out the few issues it has
Up until January of this year the car had been sat in storage for 2 years I charged the battery and boom it started first go so I took it for an mot it needed some brake pipes a couple of tyres rear coil spring a few bulbs wipers and it was back on the road a few weeks later the clutch bearing started to rattle on tick over but still drove great but about 2-3 months ago it developed a tapping noise from the engine I have not investigated this it’s possible that an oil change could solve this issue or it could be something more but I just don’t have anywhere to store the car and do the work so it has to go

I’m open to sensible offers it may be an easy fix for someone with time and space

I can’t add photos but if someone that can add them to my thread will do I can email them over

Thanks

gazO2V40T4 Dec 26th, 2018 14:33

Hello everyone the car is still up for sale I’m open to offers so if your interested fire them over the car is still running the mot will expire on 24th of jan any pictures can be sent via email on request

gazO2V40T4 Jan 2nd, 2019 15:09

1 Attachment(s)
There must be someone out there that’s wants it

Miester7 Jan 2nd, 2019 15:09

Hi, I am fresh to the forum and will introduce myself in another thread soon. Would you consider selling your Front Strut Brace separately, or are you only selling Volvo complete? Thanks

gazO2V40T4 Jan 2nd, 2019 15:14

5 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the sideways pics

gazO2V40T4 Jan 2nd, 2019 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miester7 (Post 2480902)
Hi, I am fresh to the forum and will introduce myself in another thread soon. Would you consider selling your Front Strut Brace separately, or are you only selling Volvo complete? Thanks

I would really prefer to sell the car complete as I have no space to strip it

gazO2V40T4 Jan 13th, 2019 22:02

I did a valuation through we steal any car and they are offering £675 so if anyone that’s interested can offer anywhere near that you have a deal I would rather it go to someone that might be interested in keeping in on the road or maybe there is someone out there with the time and space to break it I sure you could make your money back in parts plus

siebe Jan 18th, 2019 00:12

Hi
Is this still for sale
And how bad or loud is the ticking noise from the engine
Cheers

gazO2V40T4 Jan 19th, 2019 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by siebe (Post 2486057)
Hi
Is this still for sale
And how bad or loud is the ticking noise from the engine
Cheers

Hi yes it is still for sale and to me it sounds like there is a valve sticking or a tensioner bearing going hence why I have stopped driving it

bigyin85 Apr 5th, 2019 17:13

DinoT this is the one mate