Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   XC70: Electrical Humidity Sensor-Component-Failures CCM-B1A6909 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=288408)

Stephen2015 Nov 9th, 2018 17:22

Humidity Sensor-Component-Failures CCM-B1A6909

XC70 D5 2013

My Humidity sensor which is located behind the rear view mirror is showing a fault found with Vida, everything is working, no misting inside the car.
I taken a look at to see if the sensor intact and dry which is it.
Looking back on Timeline this seem to have gone faulty at the same time when a new battery was fitted this was August 2017 any ideas why this may have happened.

Thinking along the lines to replace the sensor (not cheap have to say) does anyone have a working one that they would like to sell.
Happy for any advise from anyone who may think I need to be looking elsewhere?

I have tried to clear the fault but it keeps returning.

Many thanks

Stephen

lepicane Nov 9th, 2018 19:25

Had the same issue on my S80. Looking at the fault in VIDA, the error timeline would coincide when resetting the error in VIDA. Unfortunately the dealership can't just put in a new one to test if that is the fault, as apparently, once used, an electrical component can't be returned.

Give FRF Volvo a call and see what they can do for you with the forum discount. They gave me a good price and it was easy to replace.

Fault is now gone in VIDA.

AndreyK Jan 24th, 2019 06:11

Failures CCM-B16909.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen2015 (Post 2465297)
XC70 D5 2013

My Humidity sensor which is located behind the rear view mirror is showing a fault found with Vida, everything is working, no misting inside the car.
I taken a look at to see if the sensor intact and dry which is it.
Looking back on Timeline this seem to have gone faulty at the same time when a new battery was fitted this was August 2017 any ideas why this may have happened.

Thinking along the lines to replace the sensor (not cheap have to say) does anyone have a working one that they would like to sell.
Happy for any advise from anyone who may think I need to be looking elsewhere?

I have tried to clear the fault but it keeps returning.

Many thanks

Stephen

Hello! I'm having the same problem on my XC60 D5. But this fault gave me an irritating consequence - wind mirrors heaters don't work now. So, did you manage to fix the problem? How? What options do I have, or the only way is to replace the sensor? Thanks!

Stephen2015 Jan 24th, 2019 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreyK (Post 2488164)
Hello! I'm having the same problem on my XC60 D5. But this fault gave me an irritating consequence - wind mirrors heaters don't work now. So, did you manage to fix the problem? How? What options do I have, or the only way is to replace the sensor? Thanks!

I have not replaced the sensor just at the moment as the inside of the car temperature seems to be ok with no misting also can't justify the cost for a replacement sensor just at the moment. How ever it is annoying to see these in faults on Vida.
Yes also had the following wing mirrors heaters not working, but they do as with it being cold have seen them showing signs of steam raising from them so I know they are working.

AndreyK Jan 24th, 2019 08:01

Ok, I see. Unfortunatelly, I'm entirely sure that my mirror heaters don't work, becuse the ice on them doesn't melt at all. Anyway, thanks for your response!

Stephen2015 Jan 25th, 2019 08:54

My wing mirrors only heat when the defroster or rear screen demister is switched on.

Stephen2015 Jan 25th, 2019 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen2015 (Post 2488533)
My wing mirrors only heat when the defroster or rear screen demister is switched on.

This is on my XC70 Lux 2013 model