Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   ETM Issues (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   ETM - Price Drop to £250 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=32477)

imac Feb 16th, 2007 19:25

ETM - Price Drop to £250

I am hearing my local dealer has dropped the price of the ETM replacement to £250.

Apologies if this is a repost, I will try to find out further details if this is national policy.

highgun Feb 16th, 2007 21:24

I have seen some on EBAY, item number: 270089046669 and 270089044788

Tony.

imac Feb 16th, 2007 21:33

It would seem this is national policy, there is a thread about it on VPCUK.org

Quite a price drop!

partyboy Feb 16th, 2007 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by imac (Post 206893)
I am hearing my local dealer has dropped the price of the ETM replacement to £250.

Apologies if this is a repost, I will try to find out further details if this is national policy.

Hi mate, is that £250 inclusive of fitting, etc? If so that is a lot more bearable, think my ETM is on the way out

The Purifier Feb 17th, 2007 10:31

Is the Ebay item actually an ETM? It describes it as an ETA whatever that may be!

partyboy Feb 18th, 2007 08:49

The ones on ebay are for the 2002 onward cars so these are no use for a car with the old troublesome Magnetti Marelli ETM.

T-5ones Feb 19th, 2007 15:03

Quote:

It is true. I had my ETM replaced last week.

The main reason for the drop is that Volvo Uk are passing on the "upgraded" version of the M&M ETM's at cost to the dealers. Also Volvo UK honoured their word of a 20% discount before VAT (Discount ammount subject to loyalty of servicing of vehicle at Volvo dealers). Total bill was under £200.00

EDIT:
Quote:

It would seem this is national policy, there is a thread about it on VPCUK.org
I did post it on here as well!... Linky

I as a bit miffed when I saw an M&M sticker on the new part but apparently it’s the new upgraded model with the yellow sticker and not the older version with the white sticker. IIRC!

CTCNetwork Feb 19th, 2007 16:13

Hi,

I don't want to appear to p155 on peoples partys here but...

Why should you be paying "only" £250? The hardware is faulty.
It was faulty from inception and will remain so.
The "new units" are not new, they are reconned faulty ones.!!! :speechless-smiley-2

You should sttill be seeking recompense from Volvo UK and if you get no joy that way, take the dealer AND Volvo UK to the county court and get your money back.

/Rant over...

Des. . . ;)

Kimbie Feb 19th, 2007 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTCNetwork (Post 207824)
Hi,

The "new units" are not new, they are reconned faulty ones.!!! :speechless-smiley-2

You should sttill be seeking recompense from Volvo UK and if you get no joy that way, take the dealer AND Volvo UK to the county court and get your money back.

/Rant over...

Des. . . ;)

I do agree but it is a start though

Kimbie

T-5ones Feb 19th, 2007 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTCNetwork (Post 207824)
Hi,

/Rant over...

Des. . . ;)

I too agree with you. I dont like being taken for a ride over faulty parts and then having to pay to have them replaced with similarly faulty parts but it is a start and all of the :hissyfit: seems to be working. Paying "only" £200ish is better than paying £600ish. Now we are being p155ed upon from a slightly lesser height!

I need my car for work and thankfully its back on the road. I dont have the time to start legal procedures, it would probably cost more in time than the costs involved. I'd love to be able to make a stand and not be pushed around as I have but thats life. I'm just glad there are forums such as this where knowledge can be gained and subjects can be discussed.:a1:

Ramble over.

Tim:speechless-smiley-6