Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   400 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Volvo 440 GS Turbo Auto (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=273636)

scottyb0y89 Oct 9th, 2017 11:10

Volvo 440 GS Turbo Auto

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Everyone :)

I've just found myself over the weekend becoming the proud new owner of this 440 GS Turbo.

I'm led to believe (according to the how many left website) that this is the only GS spec turbo left in the country which makes me rather nervous! ha ha

Anyhoo the car has covered just 37,000 miles and is in excellent condition. Non of the usual rot that's found on the 400 series. Engine bay is immaculate. It will need a few pounds spent tidying it up overall it's extremely clean.

Looking forward to driving it but i'm storing it away for the winter now!

More pics to follow :)

dcw Oct 9th, 2017 19:21

That looks like a special car - well done on obtaining it!

Is this your first 400? Your first Volvo? Whatever, welcome - it's nice to see a new 400 series owner on here since, unfortunately, this section of the forum tends to be as quiet as the grave most of the time...

David

Joseph Martin Oct 9th, 2017 23:01

Nice one Scottyboy! You beat me to this lovely one, good to see it has went to a good home. I know you've just acquired it, however if you ever do decide to pass her on, please let me know!

scottyb0y89 Oct 10th, 2017 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcw (Post 2325906)
That looks like a special car - well done on obtaining it!

Is this your first 400? Your first Volvo? Whatever, welcome - it's nice to see a new 400 series owner on here since, unfortunately, this section of the forum tends to be as quiet as the grave most of the time...

David

Thanks David!

It's my second 400 Series, I owned a near identical 440 GS 1.8 back in 2013 but it unfortunately met it's maker when the power steering system failed and i couldn't find some of the parts i needed so it was scrapped sadly!

I've been looking at 440s ever since as i thought it was a wonderful car, so comfy, smooth and quiet. It had no trouble keeping up with modern traffic. The issue being that most of the cars that showed up on eBay/gumtree etc were either absolute rot boxes or were the low spec models which have nothing in comparison to the GS.

I've also owned a 1.4 340 DL, which i must admit i didn't like! And up until last weekend i had a 2005 S40 diesel but some little chav ran into the back of it and it's a write off so this 440 is my only Volvo at the moment. I had to make the choice between buying this and buying an S80 V8 which i had my eye on! Think i made the right decision though! hehe

scottyb0y89 Oct 10th, 2017 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Martin (Post 2325979)
Nice one Scottyboy! You beat me to this lovely one, good to see it has went to a good home. I know you've just acquired it, however if you ever do decide to pass her on, please let me know!

Haha sorry about that!

It's a lovely car, certainly one for a collector!

It's been parked safely in the garage now and won't be emerging until next year.

I may well get rid of it one day but not anytime soon i'm afraid :(

Joseph Martin Oct 11th, 2017 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb0y89 (Post 2326150)
Haha sorry about that!

It's a lovely car, certainly one for a collector!

It's been parked safely in the garage now and won't be emerging until next year.

I may well get rid of it one day but not anytime soon i'm afraid :(

Haha that’s cool man, I’m glad it’s went to a good home nonetheless!

I have a 440 and a 460 (non turbos but hey ho!), both of which I’m hoping to restore. Hopefully will have both on the road by next year. I see you’re in Scotland too - I’m on the lookout for 400s breaking for parts, so if I hear of any I’ll keep you in the loop too 🙂👍

scottyb0y89 Oct 11th, 2017 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Martin (Post 2326302)
Haha that’s cool man, I’m glad it’s went to a good home nonetheless!

I have a 440 and a 460 (non turbos but hey ho!), both of which I’m hoping to restore. Hopefully will have both on the road by next year. I see you’re in Scotland too - I’m on the lookout for 400s breaking for parts, so if I hear of any I’ll keep you in the loop too 🙂👍

Yeah that would be great! I do need a couple of parts for this car!

scottyb0y89 Oct 20th, 2017 13:59

9 Attachment(s)
I did promise some more pics.....

dcw Oct 22nd, 2017 17:01

Does look lovely!

David

r6dan Jan 4th, 2018 19:04

very tidy, id have had that if i saw it, my 440 auto is slowly rotting away, 2 of mine on the road, needs new rear arches and cills, job for the spring !