Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   iphone 6s and usb problem. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=275072)

saint dave Nov 16th, 2017 23:02

iphone 6s and usb problem.

Hi guys, I have just bought a 61 plate V60 and i'm having problems playing music from my iphone 6s using the usb port. I get sound for about 3 seconds then all goes quiet. If I stream using bluetooth, music plays ok. Can anybody help please. Also I would like to have phone charging using usb connection.
Cheers in advance, Dave

Deadloak Nov 16th, 2017 23:51

Ensure the USB connector is not lose, I have had issues with my Iphone 5 before, untill I realised that. I have ai Iphone 6s now and have no issues. I trap the wire in the arm rest, to ensure it doesn't move. also things in the armrest, if they move could interfer with it.

Mick787 Nov 17th, 2017 15:27

Slightly off topic, but do you experience hands free telephone volume problems with your 6s? (I know people have said there is meant to be a Volvo software update to sort this out).
I use an I-pod connected via the usb socket in the centre console as a music source, it’s permanently connected and charges. Yes, my XC60 is a MY16.

Deadloak Nov 17th, 2017 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick787 (Post 2338702)
Slightly off topic, but do you experience hands free telephone volume problems with your 6s? (I know people have said there is meant to be a Volvo software update to sort this out).
I use an I-pod connected via the usb socket in the centre console as a music source, it’s permanently connected and charges. Yes, my XC60 is a MY16.

Once I'd set the volume for the IPhone 5, when changing to the Iphone 6s there was no difference. Although I've the updated Sensus software, which I did before getting it. Not sure if that would answer it though.

saint dave Nov 19th, 2017 11:36

Just an update. My ipad and old ipod work ok so it must be an issue with iphone but I cant see any different settings. Just would have been nice only to take 1 device with me.

wimorrison Nov 19th, 2017 15:47

I find that with SoundCheck turned off on my iPhone 6s the volume is marginally better - not brilliant but a bit better

taylorc Nov 20th, 2017 15:36

The issue is due to the way that iOS handles the selected output, for some reason (presumably one of the later Apple updates) the output on the phone doesn’t select the usb Volvo car when the USB is plugged in but instead still defaults to the Bluetooth hence why Bluetooth still works.

I found that to force it to work on USB you have to manually select it via the airplay/ output button which is more hassle than its worth, before I chopped the car in I was using USB to select the music and then play it via Bluetooth!

Hope this helps