Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   V70: Alarm system service required (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=145011)

markwilki Feb 6th, 2012 19:05

Alarm system service required

Bought a cracking 2005 05 V70 last month. When unlocking the car an error message is displayed " ALARM SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED" the message is easily cancelled by pressing the reset and does not occur again until after the alarm has been set again and then the car opened. Alarm seems to set OK but I cannot fool it into sounding off! Some threads I have read on the forum suggest it might be a dodgy key fob battery and a couple of others (2004 models) suggest it is a leaking battey in the sirren that causes this message. any clues will be really appreciated.

Rossi-fan Feb 6th, 2012 20:59

It could be the actual alarm siren on the way out. Its not un-common for them to give up the ghost at around 8 years old ish...If it turns out to be the siren itself, its around £100 for a new kit.

noscralc Feb 6th, 2012 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossi-fan (Post 1087523)
It could be the actual alarm siren on the way out. Its not un-common for them to give up the ghost at around 8 years old ish...If it turns out to be the siren itself, its around £100 for a new kit.

yep had same problem last year-car 8yrs old siren kaput easy job to change but about £100 lighter.

V70RMW Feb 9th, 2012 15:32

LIkely to be the back up battery in the siren unit. If you're not bothered about the alarm then just save the money and leave it. I've taken the fuse out to avoid any possible battery drain but has be fine for the past 3 years.

wtroy26 Jul 27th, 2012 01:22

Which fuse?

Quote:

Originally Posted by V70RMW (Post 1089537)
LIkely to be the back up battery in the siren unit. If you're not bothered about the alarm then just save the money and leave it. I've taken the fuse out to avoid any possible battery drain but has be fine for the past 3 years.

Which fuse?

Rossi-fan Jul 28th, 2012 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtroy26 (Post 1214824)
Which fuse?

Fuse No 38 in the fuse box at the end of the dashboard.

Rubic cube Jul 28th, 2012 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossi-fan (Post 1087523)

It has gone up it is now £152.44

Clan Jul 28th, 2012 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubic cube (Post 1215957)
It has gone up it is now £152.44

yes ! don't get the kit anymore , just the individual siren itself is cheaper . I guess volvo UK wondered why they were selling an awful lot of siren kits ( for foreign markets without alarm) in the uk where alarms are standard , and selling hardly any sirens to replace faulty ones !

johaywo Aug 2nd, 2012 09:27

Locking Pin on fuel cover.

I'm getting this message on my 2000 V70 Tdi.
Have noticed for a few days the fuel cover locking pin is making graunching noise on locking /unlocking. today its not coming out to lock at all. Could this have caused the message?
Thanks.

Rufe Aug 2nd, 2012 10:04

As above, the price has gone up for these siren kits.

Below is a link to a post I made about it as I am constantly getting asked to supply them at the less than £100 price but we simply can't any longer:

Click Here, P2 Series Alarm Siren Kits....

Simon