Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Where to buy new door card trim clips... (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=314349)

AllHailKingVolvo Feb 16th, 2021 20:53

Where to buy new door card trim clips...

Hi all,
My diesel 940 needs a couple of the door card carpet insert panels reattaching, but the clips are broken...does anyone know of the best place to source replacements?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
Phil

Paul Wildsmith Feb 16th, 2021 21:08

you can get these from any auto parts store, or Halfords. In the small plastic blister packs.

Laird Scooby Feb 16th, 2021 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllHailKingVolvo (Post 2710572)
Hi all,
My diesel 940 needs a couple of the door card carpet insert panels reattaching, but the clips are broken...does anyone know of the best place to source replacements?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
Phil

For this Phil, i'm fairly sure your Volvo dealer is the best bet - while you're there, pick up a couple of the strange horseshoe like clips that hold the door cards onto the door, you will almost certainly lose/break one (or more!) removing them.

griston64 Feb 17th, 2021 08:16

I have a few spare ones if you wan't to pm me. I'll look to see if I have any of the ones you are after as well Dave.

griston64 Feb 17th, 2021 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2710609)
For this Phil, i'm fairly sure your Volvo dealer is the best bet - while you're there, pick up a couple of the strange horseshoe like clips that hold the door cards onto the door, you will almost certainly lose/break one (or more!) removing them.

You must be more heavy handed than me then Dave as I've removed more doorcards than I've had hot dinners and never broken one of those clips yet !

I bet I've jinxed it now though !!:shocked:

Laird Scooby Feb 17th, 2021 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by griston64 (Post 2710646)
You must be more heavy handed than me then Dave as I've removed more doorcards than I've had hot dinners and never broken one of those clips yet !

I bet I've jinxed it now though !!:shocked:

Mine had previously been off Mark, one was missing altogether and the second had a pre-existing crack in it - also being 32 years old they were probably brittle with age as well.

I'd say it's probably fair to assume the crack was due to age but they don't last forever anyway. Doing it on a cold day won't help their chances either.

griston64 Feb 17th, 2021 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2710663)
Mine had previously been off Mark, one was missing altogether and the second had a pre-existing crack in it - also being 32 years old they were probably brittle with age as well.

I'd say it's probably fair to assume the crack was due to age but they don't last forever anyway. Doing it on a cold day won't help their chances either.

Thats true about the cold. I know that as when I lifted my washer bottle cap to top up during the really cold spell it snapped in half :shocked: Luckily I had a spare in garage

I'll have a hunt for said clips when I get home tonight

Laird Scooby Feb 17th, 2021 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by griston64 (Post 2710667)
Thats true about the cold. I know that as when I lifted my washer bottle cap to top up during the really cold spell it snapped in half :shocked: Luckily I had a spare in garage

I recently bought a set of plastic accessories for mine Mark and they actually state in the instructions to not try fitting them if the weather is cold, unless they have been up to room temperature immediately beforehand. They hint that even then it's risky so i'll be waiting until the weather warms up - but i was going to do that anyway. :thumbs_up:

I think you can buy new washer bottle caps from various sources, Volvo, PFV and probably all the other usual suspects.

volvo always Feb 17th, 2021 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by griston64 (Post 2710667)

When I bought my 940 it had a jam jar lid over it, still has!:D

James:thumbs_up:

griston64 Feb 17th, 2021 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo always (Post 2710785)
When I bought my 940 it had a jam jar lid over it, still has!:D

James:thumbs_up:

Raspberry or Strawberry ?? :teeth_smile::teeth_smile: