Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   TuneIn & WikiLocation (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=292742)

DangerMUK Mar 12th, 2019 15:34

TuneIn & WikiLocation

Hey Guys,

Has anyone noticed todays updates for TuneIn and WikiLocation have got them numbered with _5 after both of them?

Seems a bit weird, Volvo error?

VOLVOL0VER Mar 12th, 2019 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerMUK (Post 2503580)
Hey Guys,

Has anyone noticed todays updates for TuneIn and WikiLocation have got them numbered with _5 after both of them?

Seems a bit weird, Volvo error?

yep... me. i already downloaded and installed it. Same reaction here... _5... wtf?!

DangerMUK Mar 13th, 2019 22:24

They still haven't pushed new updates, although they did update Wikilocation twice in one day.

Annoying they're both sat there with _5 next to them, has no one else got this?

Might uninstall and reinstall.

tem Mar 13th, 2019 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerMUK (Post 2504058)
They still haven't pushed new updates, although they did update Wikilocation twice in one day.

Annoying they're both sat there with _5 next to them, has no one else got this?

Might uninstall and reinstall.

I am confused, I updated both apps today with no problems, the only thing that I had to do, was confirm the “Terms and Conditions” with TuneIn.

tem.

DangerMUK Mar 13th, 2019 23:22

So neither of them have _5 after them? On your display?

tem Mar 13th, 2019 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerMUK (Post 2504069)
So neither of them have _5 after them? On your display?

No.

tem.

uro1 Mar 14th, 2019 12:21

Well I updated Wednesday and had quite a bit of a problem. Twice it stopped at 43% without ending and yesterday morning the Sensus restarted twice without my input and I had to do it once more manually before it was back working as intended. I did then the update yesterday afternoon and everything went without a hitch. No _5 and everything working. (Tune in that is - do not use Wiki Locations)

tem Mar 14th, 2019 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by uro1 (Post 2504154)
Well I updated Wednesday and had quite a bit of a problem. Twice it stopped at 43% without ending and yesterday morning the Sensus restarted twice without my input and I had to do it once more manually before it was back working as intended. I did then the update yesterday afternoon and everything went without a hitch. No _5 and everything working. (Tune in that is - do not use Wiki Locations)

TuneIn Update:
Yesterday I was already listening to Smooth Extra via TuneIn.
I decided to update and the download only took a few minutes, during this download TuneIn was still streaming.
Only when the update started to install, did the streaming stop.
I was driving at the time, but I did notice that the update had stopped at 43%, but the whirling icon at top right of the Sensus screen, was still rotating.

I came to a stop and had to reverse (I have a reversing camera, so the Sensus screen changed to the camera view), once I stopped and selected Park, the Sensus screen returned to normal, only then was I informed that TuneIn had been updated.
I then noticed TuneIn “connecting”.
Once connected, a message appeared saying “Terms, etc”.
Clicked on this message and a new window was displayed.
In this window was information on how to accept “The Terms and Conditions” along with information about visiting a web site, also included within the window was one of these square boxes, which one would normally scan. (This is the first time during an update that I have seen this).
I then noticed, at the bottom left of this window “I Accept”, selected this and TuneIn immediately started to stream Smooth Extra again.

Since October 2016, I have updated TuneIn numerous times, but this update was completely different to previous ones.
I never noticed _5 during the whole update.

Footnote: WikiLocation updated as one would expect, no extra input required.

tem.

VOLVOL0VER Mar 15th, 2019 01:17

I uninstalled and installed it again twice already. Still _5.
WikiLocation I don't even use it.

s3t0Kaiba Mar 15th, 2019 10:22

2 Attachment(s)
Me too, updated yesterday. It will be interesting to see how long before we get another update to clean it up.