Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ECU chips (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=277744)

Arewethereyet Feb 3rd, 2018 20:36

Apologies for jumping in, but, Martin is the ostrich offer open to others?

martin_r_smith Feb 4th, 2018 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arewethereyet (Post 2365309)
Apologies for jumping in, but, Martin is the ostrich offer open to others?

Certainly can be.

Arewethereyet Feb 5th, 2018 20:08

Thanks! I’ll be in touch later in the year, once the mods are completed.

ThePurplePanther Feb 6th, 2018 15:33

Indeed, sounds very interesting. Would you mind explaining the process quickly, either here or in a pm, i'm very interested and work in wiltshire 3 days a week.

Many thanks

PP

martin_r_smith Feb 6th, 2018 20:02

First off, if you don't have a wideband afr gauge fitted I won't do on the road tuning. It's suicide tuning without one in my opinion.

So, you get to me we open up your ecu, remove the chip, read it, then load the file onto the emulator. The emulator is then put in place of the chip to enable us to live map the car. Once the desired tune has been achieved the file is burned on to another chip, placed in the ecu and your away. You will always have the stock chip still if you want to go back.

The same can be done to the ezk, if its a chippable one.

A custom road tune would depend on how long it takes and what hardware changes you have but roughly £75.

If you don't have a wideband you will need to have it tuned on the dyno so afr's can be measured. This has an additional cost of £90/hour for the hire of the dyno on top of price of a road tune.

I can do basic chips, same as the ones you find on ebay, tlao etc for £30.

Best to pm me with requirements.

ThePurplePanther Feb 6th, 2018 20:50

Thanks for that - wideband is on the list v.soon so will be in touch.

Out of interest where abouts are you in wiltshire?

I often frequent Warminster.

PP

martin_r_smith Feb 6th, 2018 21:24

Highworth, only just in Wiltshire!

ThePurplePanther Feb 6th, 2018 21:44

Wow, just checked the map - see what you mean.

Out of interest how did you get into chips? (aside from the obvious gateway drug that is fish...)

martin_r_smith Feb 6th, 2018 22:10

Started with the tdi stuff when I couldn't get anyone to do it for me. Spent hundreds of hours learning and now remap 850/v70 tdi's regularly. Bought a 240 with a b230ft engine so decided to learn lh2.4 and I've had great results, mine has a 16t, blues, full custom exhaust and runs a shade over 270bhp with perfect afr's. I've done a bit with megasquirt and emerald too. Luckily my brothers garage has a dyno so I get to hone my skills on that.

Jimsiss Feb 6th, 2018 22:31

Which car are the blue injectors from? And what boost are you running?