Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Generic Parts for Sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   4 x Volvo 17" Comet Wheels (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=59611)

DuncVolvoTurbo Oct 11th, 2008 15:20

4 x Volvo 17" Comet Wheels

1 Attachment(s)
I have a set of 4 17" Comet alloy wheels in average to good condition. There is some flaking of the lacquer and some slight kerbing, so would benefit from a refurb.

I was going to have these painted in the dark Anthracite that Volvo do, but there are other things that need doing to my 850 before I start "fannying" out with alloy wheels.

A set of these recently didn't sell on eBay for £211.88 as they didn't reach their reserve, and one of those wheels had a dent in it. With that in mind, I am looking for around the bargain price of £200 (plus I am willing to have them delivered to you at cost, which the eBay seller didn't).

PM me if you are interested!

acshortt5 Oct 11th, 2008 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuncVolvoTurbo (Post 413262)
I have a set of 4 17" Comet alloy wheels in average to good condition. There is some flaking of the lacquer and some slight kerbing, so would benefit from a refurb.

I was going to have these painted in the dark Anthracite that Volvo do, but there are other things that need doing to my 850 before I start "fannying" out with alloy wheels.

A set of these recently didn't sell on eBay for £211.88 as they didn't reach their reserve, and one of those wheels had a dent in it. With that in mind, I am looking for around the bargain price of £200 (plus I am willing to have them delivered to you at cost, which the eBay seller didn't).

PM me if you are interested!

PM sent.

EDIT: Just checked bank and can't afford them atm so I'm (reluctently) withdrawing from this one.

Good luck with the sale.

DuncVolvoTurbo Oct 11th, 2008 18:14

These are the 7" wide ones taken from an S/V70 & still For Sale!

NI_Volvo_Nut Oct 11th, 2008 18:28

I HATE YOU DUNC, YOU STITCHED ME UP WITH 16" 850 WHEELS AND KEPT THESE FROM ME :(

Just joking btw, but would have prefered these lol

DuncVolvoTurbo Oct 11th, 2008 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by NI_Volvo_Nut (Post 413308)
I HATE YOU DUNC, YOU STITCHED ME UP WITH 16" 850 WHEELS AND KEPT THESE FROM ME :(

Just joking btw, but would have prefered these lol

I got these after putting the Columbas up for sale mate - honest! I only decided last night that I really should put money into getting the oil leak fixed, rather than sorting the alloys (Stupid I know! lol).

DuncVolvoTurbo Oct 17th, 2008 18:04

These Comets are still FOR SALE, and before you think that the postage cost would make it not worth it:-

I recently sent a set of 16" wheels to Northern Ireland via DHL (with a £250 compensation applied), for a little under £30.

NI_Volvo_Nut Oct 17th, 2008 18:43

Straight swap for a set of 16" 850 T5 alloys, reasonable condition :D, some scotish dude off here stitched me up with these lol

DuncVolvoTurbo Oct 17th, 2008 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by NI_Volvo_Nut (Post 415239)
Straight swap for a set of 16" 850 T5 alloys, reasonable condition :D, some scotish dude off here stitched me up with these lol

The Comets wouldn't suit your Turf-Burner! lol

saturnuranus Oct 17th, 2008 19:48

I could manage £200 including postage. Great rims, would love em, but you've come at the wrong time!

NI_Volvo_Nut Oct 17th, 2008 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuncVolvoTurbo (Post 415250)
The Comets wouldn't suit your Turf-Burner! lol

But they'd look **** hot on my gallon guzzler :D