Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   3 month quality assurance inspection (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=257092)

172navigator Sep 29th, 2016 13:42

3 month quality assurance inspection

I collected our new XC90 this morning, very nice it is too!

I see there is a 3 month quality assurance inspection box in the service booklet. Has anyone been back for this and what does it cover?

My pick up was good, all paperwork ready, service/handbook, screen wipe and three keys. Plus a remote control XC90 for the kids.

neon Sep 29th, 2016 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by 172navigator (Post 2173959)

I see there is a 3 month quality assurance inspection box in the service booklet. Has anyone been back for this and what does it cover?

My pick up was good, all paperwork ready, service/handbook, screen wipe and three keys. Plus a remote control XC90 for the kids.

Leather wipes?

familymangreg Sep 29th, 2016 14:51

Quote:

My car went in a week or two back. I think its just a visual inspection, don't believe any fluids etc. are replaced. I noticed a few things related to setting and preferences reset within Sensus when we picked it up. For example climate was off, auto wipers 'remember' setting had been reset, radio station text had been switched off. Nothing connected to driver profiles appear to be reset however.

So I assume the car must have been plugged in and hopefully flashed with the latest software. Also, when I called to book it in the service department said something along the lines of "Will you be waiting for the vehicle.... oh no, hang on, its an XC90, we need longer for all the software updates, we'll give you a car"!.

:wq

BTXC90 Sep 29th, 2016 15:15

Quote:

At the time of pickup, I was also told about this quality inspection after 3 months.
I picked it up from a far away dealer, so I will go to a local dealer for the QA checks.

Remote control XC90, cool, kids must be loving it :)

aab203 Sep 29th, 2016 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTXC90 (Post 2173996)
Remote control XC90, cool, kids must be loving it :)

This looks pretty cool - https://youtu.be/IwnAhcAj3xY?t=50

Quote:

Plus a remote control XC90 for the kids.

Where did you get it from - via the dealer? Is there a choice of colour? How much is it? Might be tempted myself!

tem Sep 29th, 2016 15:55

Not sure what the latest is for the QA check, but it used to be 3 months/3000 miles, which ever came first.
Normally takes around an hour, time for a coffee.
If they are going to do software updates, then it will be a longer wait.

tem.

BTXC90 Sep 29th, 2016 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by aab203 (Post 2174007)
This looks pretty cool - https://youtu.be/IwnAhcAj3xY?t=50

Where did you get it from - via the dealer? Is there a choice of colour? How much is it? Might be tempted myself!

Just to clarify, I didn't get that remote car, unless the dealer hid it in the boot as a surprise ;)

neon Sep 29th, 2016 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by tem (Post 2174019)
Not sure what the latest is for the QA check, but it used to be 3 months/3000 miles, which ever came first.
Normally takes around an hour, time for a coffee.
If they are going to do software updates, then it will be a longer wait.

tem.

When I raised a few points about the car the dealer said this in the email

"Your car is entitled to a Free QAI Check (Quality Assurance Inspection) at 3 Months or 3000 Miles (whichever occurs sooner) at this point we will check over the car and install any further software updates. This will be an ideal time to cover some of your points or any others you may have."

172navigator Sep 29th, 2016 17:17

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is a photo of the remote control car. Wasn't offered a choice of colours, very smart though. Kids are outside now trying to break it already!

The box has item number 2300595-100-000 / 73700.

No leathers wipes supplied, should they have been?

neon Sep 29th, 2016 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by 172navigator (Post 2174060)
Attached is a photo of the remote control car. Wasn't offered a choice of colours, very smart though. Kids are outside now trying to break it already!

The box has item number 2300595-100-000 / 73700.

No leathers wipes supplied, should they have been?

I think so. There is one cleaner wipe and one conditioner wipe. I think it is like a sample to encourage further purchase.

The RM Car looks great. I did not get a thing.