Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Some help choosing please... (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=286766)

Godstone27 Sep 24th, 2018 14:24

Some help choosing please...

Where do I start?
It's time to choose another XC60 but I'm a bit baffled after visiting my showroom and have a few questions I need answering after some conflicting advice....
The Pro option,what do you really get extra with this,is it worth it?
Why is the salesman saying there's no option for a cd when the configurator online says there is? Also,will it still play DVDs like my current MY15 lux nav model does (it has saved my sanity with 3 kids and 3 school pick ups/waits and a weekday tablet ban!)
Which trim level do you think is best,I have rdesign now but fancy a change?
What is the average lead time? I've been told way into 2019 after having to wait only 6 weeks from factory to delivery last time.....
Many thanks...

weemark Sep 24th, 2018 15:48

Pricelist available online contains the full model spec details - only u can decide whether any extra cost is worth it for you. Can't comment on your other questions, I have xc90 inscription pro!

Lexman8 Sep 24th, 2018 16:01

1 Attachment(s)
To answer one of your questions, it will not play DVDs (directly). However, Sensus (as standard) will play video files stored on a USB stick.

The image won't play above ~5kph but the sound continues. If you drop below that speed again the image returns in-sync with the audio.
_

Godstone27 Sep 24th, 2018 16:38

Yes,it does the 5kph thing now but plays dvds fine...wonder why they’ve changed it?
I can see the prices but much as Id like to have them all,I can’t do I thought Id ask if some of you had found some add ons/packs/trim more useful than others...?
Also lead time,is it 6 months on ave like I’ve been told?
Thanks.

S90 Sep 24th, 2018 17:48

They have changed it on all of the current SPA cars, no disc drive, only an option for a CD drive.

DVD/CDs are on their way out as the format is no longer used as heavily as it was. We have no DVD's in the house, or CD's, so letting people choose to have CD player rather than fitting it as standard is a good idea. A DVD playback device in a car is almost pointless.

However, I'd e interested to know how you play films back from a USB stick in the car??

Lexman8 Sep 24th, 2018 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by S90 (Post 2450760)
However, I'd e interested to know how you play films back from a USB stick in the car??

Video files have to be in one of these formats: mp4, mkv, mpeg, avi or asf. Iirc, embedded audio has to be aac or mp3 stereo. I think the max resolution is 720p and there is also a bit-rate limit. Put the video files in a folder named Videos or in the root of the USB stick. In Sensus, select USB as the input and swipe left until the video tab appears and select it to list the videos.

It's fine for playing music videos where it doesn't really matter if the image disappears.