Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   V60 R-Design Drive with lots of extras £6,500 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=269179)

dcw Jun 17th, 2017 22:31

V60 R-Design Drive with lots of extras £6,500

Long shot short term post, but here is a link to the showroom thread about my V60:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=249617

As you can see it is a lovely car, it has a lot of extras as it was originally a management car...and today I have agreed to trade it in. 2013 model on a 2012 plate.

Not changing due to anything wrong with car: looking in due course to have caravan so bigger engine needed, plus with the low mileage on the replacement it should serve us a good few years.

This one goes on 27th June, so I just thought I'd post here in case anyone was interested in grabbing a bargain!

Car has wanted for nothing, FVSH (cambelts etc done at 85,000 miles), a number of items sorted under warranty including brand new genuine clutch. MOT until May 2018. £30 pa road tax. 1.6 Drive RDesign - stop-start works perfectly.

When valued today they went back to double check the service records to establish that the mileage is really as it is (110,000) because they considered the car to be in such excellent condition. Due a service, needs two new tyres. Slight temperamental keyless entry on driver's side doors. Otherwise needs nothing as far as I am aware.

£6,500 ovno - in other words, beat what the trade in is and it's yours!

David

Ixion Jun 17th, 2017 23:32

Good luck with the sale David, you'll have no trouble shifting it at that price. I too have a ex Volvo car (press) with the same options (+ lux) and age but in S60 guise. Sounds like your keyless doors play up too! You must be looking forward to the D5 from the D2?!

dcw Jun 18th, 2017 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ixion (Post 2287326)
Good luck with the sale David, you'll have no trouble shifting it at that price. I too have a ex Volvo car (press) with the same options (+ lux) and age but in S60 guise. Sounds like your keyless doors play up too! You must be looking forward to the D5 from the D2?!

Thanks - yes, after driving the D5 yesterday then getting back in the D2 I certainly am! 115bhp to 215 bhp....

I have pitched the price really to see if it'll sell because the time it'll be available is so short. I'd have advertised it properly and sooner, but I hadn't really even thought seriously about changing it until yesterday!

David

Mike V60 Jun 21st, 2017 09:54

Thats a lot of car for the money,are you getting your new one from Ray Chapmans by any chance? I bought mine from them in Sept & cheeky sods asked me if i wanted to come to the event & do a deal...i said if i had the money id do a deal on the V60 T6 polestar at their York branch..shame i havent got the money.

dcw Jun 21st, 2017 10:07

Thanks - I am indeed, and that is where this one came from as well.

Pushing their luck a bit with you, weren't they?! That Polestar T6 was parked next to the one we're getting, and it certainly looked fantastic! Trouble was, so did the £30,000 price tag, which is - for us at least - sadly also pure fantasy!

David

dcw Jun 22nd, 2017 17:40

Unashamed bump!

We collect the new car at 4pm on Thursday 29th June (a week today) so if anyone is interested in this one you have at best 6 days...happy to answer any questions!

David

scoobysn7x Jun 23rd, 2017 12:45

Hi David,

Im going to be a bit cheeky here, my girlfriend is after a new car but 6.5k if over her budget, can I ask what the best price you could do is?, feel free to PM me an answer.

thanks

Duncan

dcw Jun 23rd, 2017 12:54

Hi Duncan

Not cheeky at all - doesn't ask doesn't get!

I have PM'd you

David

dcw Jun 24th, 2017 12:51

Sold!

Duncan and his girlfriend came down this morning and were clearly very taken with the car - so off she has now gone to her new home.

I know she'll be looked after and I hope she serves Jennifer well!

David

scoobysn7x Jun 24th, 2017 17:29

Jens beaming from the drive back cheers David car is brilliant 😎