Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Breaking 1986 240 GLE Saloon Auto (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=274139)

Stephen Edwin Nov 1st, 2017 15:36

Since your Dad threw away the rear valance, and I have realised I have an irrational fear of a secondhand seat belt, and I realise Angie has a more valid need for the radio mounting plate 'cos she has dials in the upper radio position and I was just wanting to be prepared so I relinquish all of those bits.

Now :-
  • I still want all those switch blanking plates please and
  • How much for one or two of the headlight wiper arma and are they in good enough condition for you to sell including the hinged bits that cover the fixing nut and
  • Have you got the headlight wiper stops. They clip on to the headlight alongside and in the same way as the clips that hold the lens to the housing and stick out the front below the lens.
  • Have you got the sort of large diameter push and twist clips that hold the carpet like lining in place up under the dashboard, and the plastic clips that hold the bottom of the fascia moulding to the bottom of the footwell side mouldings down low close to the gearstick, please? Are they dark blue?

Ta muchly - Stephen

Antz Nov 1st, 2017 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin (Post 2333437)
Since your Dad threw away the rear valance, and I have realised I have an irrational fear of a secondhand seat belt, and I realise Angie has a more valid need for the radio mounting plate 'cos she has dials in the upper radio position and I was just wanting to be prepared so I relinquish all of those bits.

Now :-
  • I still want all those switch blanking plates please and
  • How much for one or two of the headlight wiper arma and are they in good enough condition for you to sell including the hinged bits that cover the fixing nut and
  • Have you got the headlight wiper stops. They clip on to the headlight alongside and in the same way as the clips that hold the lens to the housing and stick out the front below the lens.
  • Have you got the sort of large diameter push and twist clips that hold the carpet like lining in place up under the dashboard, and the plastic clips that hold the bottom of the fascia moulding to the bottom of the footwell side mouldings down low close to the gearstick, please? Are they dark blue?

Ta muchly - Stephen

No worries, I'll throw the seatbelt in the bin. I only removed the one for you and it's no good to me. Filed under B.

Headlight wiper arms yes. £20 the pair because they aren't easy to find.
Maybe. Not sure. Must do. £2 50 for the pair if I do.
Got 10 clips. £6 delivered for 5.

Stephen Edwin Nov 2nd, 2017 11:17

Switch blanking plates I think you said four @ 80p .... = 3.20
Two headlight wiper arms .....................................= 20.00
Two headlight wiper stops ................................... = 2.50
Five dashboard type clips .................................... = 6.00

I make that Pimms O'clock ..................................... £ 31.70

Message me a reminder of your PayPal please.

I'm sure of your calibre will find the headlight wiper stops. The scheme is that I give them a decent anti-rust treatment in good time before the reflectors get changed again. This time I applied a quick and ready hammerite on the hoof.

Those fascia clips. For my info. Will that be the type that hold the carpet like stuff to the dashboard, or the type that hold the hard plastic mouldings together near the gear stick, or some of each?

Ta Muchly

Antz Nov 2nd, 2017 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin (Post 2333729)
Switch blanking plates I think you said four @ 80p .... = 3.20
Two headlight wiper arms .....................................= 20.00
Two headlight wiper stops ................................... = 2.50
Five dashboard type clips .................................... = 6.00

I make that Pimms O'clock ..................................... £ 31.70

I'm sure of your calibre will find the headlight wiper stops. The scheme is that I give them a decent anti-rust treatment in good time before the reflectors get changed again. This time I applied a quick and ready hammerite on the hoof.

Those fascia clips. For my info. Will that be the type that hold the carpet like stuff to the dashboard, or the type that hold the hard plastic mouldings together near the gear stick, or some of each?

Ta Muchly

PM Sent

SteveP Nov 2nd, 2017 20:41

How much for the camshaft? ;)

Antz Nov 2nd, 2017 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveP (Post 2333979)
How much for the camshaft? ;)

It was rusty (no rocker cover for 20 years on the engine) and it sold last night sorry. Was only an A cam.

Antz Nov 6th, 2017 23:14

Bump...

Antz Nov 9th, 2017 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin (Post 2333729)

Ta Muchly

Your inbox is full matey. Parts sent today by Royal Mail 2nd class post!

Stephen Edwin Nov 11th, 2017 16:13

Let it be known. I bought stuff from Antz including headlamp wiper arms. Antz sent the arms AND the jets AND the connectors AND the &c. ....

He's an OK geezer is Antz. But don't anyone tell him I said so.

From Matey - and I will HAUNT you if the seat belt fails

Antz Nov 11th, 2017 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin (Post 2336758)

Let it be known. I bought stuff from Antz including headlamp wiper arms. Antz sent the arms AND the jets AND the connectors AND the &c. ....

He's an OK geezer is Antz. But don't anyone tell him I said so.

From Matey - and I will HAUNT you if the seat belt fails

Hahaha. You bought the arms so I'm not exactly going to strip the jets down and take the blades off etc. You get the full lot. That's what makes up the arm!