Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Polestar on a XC60 T5 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=288775)

LMalvo Nov 19th, 2018 16:08

Polestar on a XC60 T5

Hello, Volvo newbie here and very excited to have just ordered a XC60 for delivery at the end of January!

I have just had a look online and the price of Polestar has gone from over £800ish to £746. I was considering Polestar but just wondering if anyone knows if the new price is temporary or some sort of offer?

Separately - would love to hear from any T5 Polestar owners with their feedback.

Thanks!

Lexman8 Nov 19th, 2018 17:07

Polestar offers come around quite frequently and sometimes for less than £746. Iirc, they've been as low as £6xx.

bobby2000 Nov 19th, 2018 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMalvo (Post 2468213)
Hello, Volvo newbie here and very excited to have just ordered a XC60 for delivery at the end of January!

I have just had a look online and the price of Polestar has gone from over £800ish to £746. I was considering Polestar but just wondering if anyone knows if the new price is temporary or some sort of offer?

Separately - would love to hear from any T5 Polestar owners with their feedback.

Thanks!

I paid £650 for Polestar, it was on special offer, down from £850.
For me it's worth having, I ran the car for around a month before having Polestar, definitely noticed the difference at the time. Probably the only way I'd notice it now, would be to drive a standard T5.

Crockers Nov 19th, 2018 22:29

Polestar on my model 19 car doesnt boost the bhp as much as it did on model 18 cars.

Torque increase is the same.

Had mine from new so cant say what it does. Just that the car pulls beautifully.

LMalvo Nov 20th, 2018 17:10

thanks for the feedback, may be worth just keeping an eye on the price for now. I will probably look at upgrading down the line to fully appreciate any increased zip

simonjedrake Nov 20th, 2018 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMalvo (Post 2468588)
thanks for the feedback, may be worth just keeping an eye on the price for now. I will probably look at upgrading down the line to fully appreciate any increased zip

Remember it’s not only the engine’s performance data that is enhanced but also other areas of the power chain are tweaked for improved performance.

oscillator Nov 25th, 2018 10:25

I ordered mine with my new car, but it wasn't installed for 2 weeks after delivery as there was an upgrade pending. The most noticible change is in dynamic mode, where the transmission shifts are faster and seem better timed. In all modes you get a bit more grunt mid range for overtaking, and it all happens quicker. I was told by the dealer that in eco mode on motorways a Polestar car gives better mpg than a non- Polestar car, all other things being equal. Also you get a bit more power going to the rear wheels when cornering hard (cannot really fathom why you'd buy a SUV in the first place if you want to corner hard, but hey ho).
I paid £695 - very difficult to say whether its worth it. It would be interesting to hear from a dealer as to whether Polestar has any effect on resale or trade in value.

XC60 T5 Inscription MY19 Mussel Blue, Blonde, Xenium, Keyless, Polestar

jrawarren Nov 25th, 2018 12:42

I'm thinking about this, but what's the typical insurance impact of upgrading to Polestar? Am I going to get stung if I do it?

lalith16 Nov 25th, 2018 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrawarren (Post 2469988)
I'm thinking about this, but what's the typical insurance impact of upgrading to Polestar? Am I going to get stung if I do it?

It depends on the insurance company as each one have got their own policy surrounding Polestar; few charging no extra premium and a few charging extra premium. My insurer is Aviva and they didn’t charge additional premium i.e. back in July 2018 when I took out the policy. I suggest you ring the insurer or insurers and ask what their policy is.

bobby2000 Nov 25th, 2018 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrawarren (Post 2469988)

My insurance company Admiral didn't charge me any extra.