Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Weekend bugs (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=272666)

Lexman8 Sep 12th, 2017 20:15

Weekend bugs

Had a long weekend in Scotland. Several new problems appeared:
  • PA disengaged twice with audible warning and 'Pilot Assist cancelled by user intervention' although I did nothing to cause this
  • Nav screen took longer than usual to appear on driver's display after start-up; took 6 minutes on one occasion
  • Steering wheel buttons on RHS stopped working
  • BLIS stopped working on nearside and hasn't worked since although no error showing
  • Satnav stopped responding
  • Trip stats wouldn't update regularly
  • At a steady speed the instantaneous fuel consumption fell to 20 mpg for ~10 mins every day for 3 days. Seemed like DPF was regenerating.
I'd guess that some of the above are inter-related and most things resolved themselves eventually but the BLIS fault looks like yet another dealer visit. I like the car a lot but not sure I can tolerate the (seemingly) never ending problems.

On the plus side, I filled up the tank before leaving Glasgow and it was still showing 3/4 full when I arrived home 230 miles later. The VoC app reports that the car did 50.7 mpg for that journey.

aab203 Sep 13th, 2017 14:20

I experienced the issue with the right hand side buttons not working on the steering wheel. I had this within a few days of picking up the car and never experienced it since.

The only current bug that I am aware of is the mpg indicator continually updates, every second and is down at the 1/2mpg mark. When on electric it will change to 199.99 (or something similar).

I'm waiting for my service to be due and will update to the latest software

Philip Fisher Sep 13th, 2017 16:32

Funnily enough I had a run up to Oban in August and the car played up most of the way, particularly on the S2 roads north of Glasgow. It kept turning off my adaptive cruise and saying that the radar was blocked. It would then eventually let me turn it back on again miles later.

Maybe it is some sort of electronic warefare against English registered cars 😀

Went into dealer who didnt find the problem but hasnt repeated since. However I now have a new fault of park assist disabled which comes up at least once a day.....

nu11eaf Sep 13th, 2017 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2317772)
Had a long weekend in Scotland. Several new problems appeared:
  • PA disengaged twice with audible warning and 'Pilot Assist cancelled by user intervention' although I did nothing to cause this
  • Nav screen took longer than usual to appear on driver's display after start-up; took 6 minutes on one occasion
  • Steering wheel buttons on RHS stopped working
  • BLIS stopped working on nearside and hasn't worked since although no error showing
  • Satnav stopped responding
  • Trip stats wouldn't update regularly
  • At a steady speed the instantaneous fuel consumption fell to 20 mpg for ~10 mins every day for 3 days. Seemed like DPF was regenerating.
I'd guess that some of the above are inter-related and most things resolved themselves eventually but the BLIS fault looks like yet another dealer visit. I like the car a lot but not sure I can tolerate the (seemingly) never ending problems.

On the plus side, I filled up the tank before leaving Glasgow and it was still showing 3/4 full when I arrived home 230 miles later. The VoC app reports that the car did 50.7 mpg for that journey.

When the right hand wheel buttons stop working try changing media over manually on sensus screen, say from dab to fm or usb and back, this usually brings the buttons back to life for me, and they also usually start working after engine restart.

Lexman8 Sep 13th, 2017 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Fisher (Post 2317984)
Maybe it is some sort of electronic warefare against English registered cars 😀

Yeah, but they should know I'm actually a Scot!

Lexman8 Sep 13th, 2017 17:27

The car is due its first service next month so unless the BLIS issue gets worse (bearing in mind the rear radar also feeds the collision warning system) I'll wait until then and add the latest problems to the ongoing list.

I suspect the problem is with the left rear radar as the warning indicator in the passenger mirror still lights up during the self-test routine after the ignition is switched on. It's not reporting any problems with the system but it's definitely not working.

tem Sep 13th, 2017 17:31

MOD electronic jamming devices?
Lots of hidden hardware in the sea lochs, on the West Coast of Scotland.

tem.

Lexman8 Sep 13th, 2017 18:22

During naval exercises around that area, the accuracy of the civilian GPS signal is deliberately degraded which can lead to wrong location data. The military GPS signal remains (extremely) accurate. A 'notice to mariners' is issued before an exercise to warn of potential issues but it can also affect users on land (obviously).

neon Sep 14th, 2017 00:10

Mine is in for first service today.

volvo for ever Sep 14th, 2017 07:27

its a shame because great cars to drive but technology letting it down badly ,whta vovlo dont seem to relise people pay a lot of money for these products .

so instead of introducing new products lets fix the current ones sw a big issue