Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Jet Crash @ Santapod (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=26880)

MissDMeanor Nov 4th, 2006 20:35

Jet Crash @ Santapod

According to reliable sources, one of the Jet cars crashed at Santapod today.

The driver was taken to hospital and is fine. But it badly burnt the track in places. It is not sure whether Santapod will be on tomorrow for anybody thinking of going....best check beforehand tomorrow morning:)

IC Nov 4th, 2006 20:37

Thanks for the heads up Julie, saves a long drive to be disappointed. Good to hear that the driiver's ok.

SIAMBLUE Nov 4th, 2006 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissDMeanor (Post 165014)
According to reliable sources, one of the Jet cars crashed at Santapod today.

The driver was taken to hospital and is fine. But it badly burnt the track in places. It is not sure whether Santapod will be on tomorrow for anybody thinking of going....best check beforehand tomorrow morning:)

Not another jet crash, hope he is ok, and tomorrow is still on for those peeps attending,

Gary.

Pedro Fandango Nov 5th, 2006 09:45

My bro has spoke to Santa Pod & they seem to think there MIGHT be racing

a video of the Fire Force 1 yesterday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JljP9FnuCa4

Chris_C Nov 5th, 2006 12:40

The guy who took that video is Carl360 from here, he was up there yesterday and said that the driver is ok. Wouldn't have wanted to be in there though :(

Chesh740R Nov 5th, 2006 16:56

There was racing today, i could hear the cars all day from my house as i was working on the 740.

Pedro Fandango Nov 5th, 2006 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesh740R (Post 165185)
There was racing today, i could hear the cars all day from my house as i was working on the 740.

yeh we decided to risk it & go & have a look, what a waste of time, staff & organisation was terrible. Told us at the gate we should be able to race, yet when we got the sign-in office all 250 places had been filled ages ago (except for one of there regular drivers who they let sign-in)

IC Nov 5th, 2006 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedro Fandango (Post 165189)
yeh we decided to risk it & go & have a look, what a waste of time, staff & organisation was terrible. Told us at the gate we should be able to race, yet when we got the sign-in office all 250 places had been filled ages ago (except for one of there regular drivers who they let sign-in)

Duane, sorry to hear that it was a waste of time :hissyfit:

Chesh740R Nov 5th, 2006 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedro Fandango (Post 165189)

Ahh thats a pain in the arse, specially when you've travelled a way.

What i do if i get up there later in the day say 11am, i get to the gate and ask them to radio up to the sign on point to check if its allready full.

If they say yes, then i just turn around and go back home.

Pedro Fandango Nov 5th, 2006 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesh740R (Post 165199)
Ahh thats a pain in the arse, specially when you've travelled a way.

What i do if i get up there later in the day say 11am, i get to the gate and ask them to radio up to the sign on point to check if its allready full.

If they say yes, then i just turn around and go back home.

i'm only in Cov so wasn't that far luckily. We asked at the gate & they said that sign-in had closed for a minute so they could see how it was looking with numbers & it would open again soon, when we got there the office staff told us people had been queing since 6am & they might re-open at 2pm depending how many went home early