Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   leaving the forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=197133)

classicswede Jan 19th, 2014 21:26

leaving the forum

Due to ongoing issues with both the VOC and a couple of forum members I have decided to take a break from the forum for a while.

With the likes of Bongodave being allowed to make false allegations against me and be rude to other forum members. He had at least 2 final warnings in the same thread and was not banned or given a forced break from the forum. Most of you will have read it and some even contributed to the thread.

For those of you who want my help or advice you can google my user name classicswede and you will find my websites with contact details to email me directly. You can also find me on the LPG forum.

I would like to express my thanks to everyone who has supported me through the few threads on here where there been some issues with a couple of my installations.

Strbryan and bongodave insert snide comments below, I will not be back here for a while so you can have a free for all

pacman67 Jan 19th, 2014 21:43

I can understand your wanting to leave for a while. I,m not getting into the whys and wherefore of it all, as you know mine is a car with issues, but different, in that I,m not directly your customer, and tbh id rather you be about for information etc.

t5frankie Jan 19th, 2014 21:54

bongodave strikes again lol

SonyVaio Jan 19th, 2014 22:46

Dai,

Please do come back in the future, your wealth of knowledge both 'classic' and 'LPG' are invaluable.

I know not everything has been eye to eye but I do appreciate the help, support and assistance you give to the wider community.

Hope you get the relevant issues sorted and after a well earned break you come back fighting fit and revitalised.

All the best,

:star-wars-smiley-01

k9plums Jan 19th, 2014 22:50

I can't see Bongodave lasting much longer on here, then it will be safe for you to come back, but I think you may be seeing why my father (claymore) left the forum, moderators seem to make a lot of strange decisions.

strbryan Jan 19th, 2014 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9plums (Post 1562764)
I can't see Bongodave lasting much longer on here, then it will be safe for you to come back, but I think you may be seeing why my father (claymore) left the forum, moderators seem to make a lot of strange decisions.

I cant see why the moderators have anything to do with Dai leaving nor do I see why dai need to hide from Bongodave (unless Dai has something to hide) As for the length of time Bongodave lasts on the VOC has no bearing on yourself BUT is the sole decision of the Moderating team..

bongodave Jan 19th, 2014 23:46

Contrary to belief, I would much rather see Dai sort out his mistakes and stick around. Mistakes aren't the measure of the man, facing up to them and honouring your previous promises without further excuses is.

I have 'got it in' for no one, but when 2 members have fed-back about awful experiences, having been in similar situations, I am going to react.

First to admit my blood boiled at one point, due to lies and excuses, I can only offer genuine apologies for that, but responses have been far more measured and constructive since. However, clearly seeing the issues this seems to be raising in the forum, I will step-down and out if members think this will improve the situation.

It's not my fight. Seeing people duped and shoddy work carried out, and responses to it, as a direct result of a member offering his services and trade on here, is surely everyone's responsibility.

Jingleman1 Jan 20th, 2014 00:17

what's in a name?

[QUOTE=bongodave;1562810]Contrary to belief, I would much rather see Dai sort out his mistakes and stick around.

Never say Dai, Dave.

k9plums Jan 20th, 2014 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by strbryan (Post 1562802)
I cant see why the moderators have anything to do with Dai leaving nor do I see why dai need to hide from Bongodave (unless Dai has something to hide) As for the length of time Bongodave lasts on the VOC has no bearing on yourself BUT is the sole decision of the Moderating team..

One of the strange decisions the moderators seem to make is allowing you to be still on here, whenever there is an unsavory thread, you seem to be in the middle of it, and now there is a new trouble maker in the guise of Bongodave, it would be nice to see the two of you in a thread disagreement.

bongodave Jan 20th, 2014 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by k9plums (Post 1562877)
now there is a new trouble maker in the guise of Bongodave, it would be nice to see the two of you in a thread disagreement.

That's nice.