Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC40 '18> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Which XC40 trim is the most popular? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=295152)

anotherv60 May 27th, 2019 17:01

Which XC40 trim is the most popular?

Just for fun which trim have people gone for?

rjod57 Sep 25th, 2020 21:14

First Volvo ordered

After only buying VW/Audi cars for the last 30 years
Just ordered my first Volvo. XC40 R Design pro. Delivery mid November :teeth_smile:

anotherv60 Sep 30th, 2020 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjod57 (Post 2667883)
Just ordered my first Volvo. XC40 R Design pro. Delivery mid November :teeth_smile:

You should like it, the steering wheel will feel huge by comparison!

Georgeandkira Jun 21st, 2021 12:51

Just shy of 9 months later.....

My brother & s-i-l just acquired a 2021 XC 40 Recharge....the fully electric one.

No. America uses different trim level designations.

So far so good.

gwilson30019 Oct 14th, 2021 20:12

Quote:

Wow that is a quick lead time! I’m being quoted March if I order this week. Out of interest where/who was your dealer?

Regarding trim, the R design definitely looks better but I just feel the Inscription is better all round value and can make it more sporty looking by upgrading to the 19” alloys and tinting the windows

Robert360 Jul 8th, 2022 10:16

Quote:

My story mirrors yours. In the early 90's I had a 245dl LHD estate and loved it. Since then, All VW and Audi. Took the plunge and went for an XC40 'first edition'. I am thoroughly loving it. I feel safer in the car than my previous 3.0l Audi A4.
Feel much more laid back when driving. Heres hoping that continues.

SnineT Jul 8th, 2022 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert360 (Post 2833068)
My story mirrors yours. In the early 90's I had a 245dl LHD estate and loved it. Since then, All VW and Audi. Took the plunge and went for an XC40 'first edition'. I am thoroughly loving it. I feel safer in the car than my previous 3.0l Audi A4.
Feel much more laid back when driving. Heres hoping that continues.

I get that sensation as well, I thought it was me slowing down and dowsing my hair but the whole thing just makes you feel you don't need to rush, as mines not an XC series it must be across the board,

Having had a couple of Germans I always found them stark and harsh on the eye inside,

I'm going with either the soft suspension or the elegance of the interior that makes both me & the car feel leisurely, they have a sort of cocooning effect as well not experienced in other marques,

Answer to the questions though, looking around while looking for a car the R-Design seems the chosen spec for most as it's well spec'd but cheaper than the Inscriptions but not too far above a Momentum in price.