Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

Russzn Dec 9th, 2013 16:18

HI Simon,

PLEASE HELP!

I'm from South Africa, and I have been furously trying to get a radio code for my recently purchased 2nd owner volvo s40 2000 model and due to repairs and service the radio code has come up and I have called my local dealer and they gave me a incorrect code so I took the car back they check the unit and they took the actual system out and took several photos and will revert back to me. Its been 30 days and no luck. I understand ur working but please consider my message: Here's my details below:

Vin no: YV1VS3769L755055
Serial no of sound system: VO208010195353N

Russzn Dec 9th, 2013 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufe (Post 397280)
My name is Simon and I have worked in the parts department at FRF Motors (a Volvo main dealer) for the best part of the last 10 years. I actually worked in a Nissan dealership parts department for a couple of years before here, selling parts. I have a genuine interest in cars and modifying, involving spending many weekends over the years at various meets and events of every type, camping or staying at most of the tracks around the country for various things. Luckily for me, my partner (lottie) is 100% as keen on cars as i am, belonging to many forums herself, and has allways been happy to join me.

I feel that the fact I have been a fairly big user of many forums over the last 5 or 6 years all helps me provide the service that I would expect to get if i was on the buying side of the equation. Main delaers tend to have a bad name i find, (sometimes it is justified of course, but not all times) and it can feel like an uphill batte at times trying to convince people that not everyone at every dealership is the enemy.

Working in a Volvo main dealer and being a big fourm user meant that eventualy the two came together. First of all i was allways able to offer any help or adivce that i could from the systems i use daily. Then i would sometimes get asked how much i could supply a certain part for, and i would sell a part here or there, though this then quickly snowballed in the amount that i was supplying through mail order, where today it is pretty much a full time job for me. I have the full backing for what I do, from the rest of the parts team in the dealership, though i tend to handle 99% of the enquiries myself. If you send me a message on this or any other site i use0 or to the email, it will allways be myself who is replying to you.

Over the years I have supplied countless parts to internet forum users, all of which have been given the maximum discount by us which varies from part to part. I take the cost price then add a small percentage to that price to hopefully make it the best possible price you will find for the genuine item, even after postage is added generally we will be cheaper than getting it locally. I haven't used gimmicks, I simply give the best possible price at all times.

I would like to add that I personaly have no financial gain from this, i do not make anything extra from this service, (as i have been asked on a few occassions). For me it really is a case of piles of extra work... lol (honest!) but i enjoy doing it and enjoy being able to provide this service to fellow volvo owners.

During normal office hours I am almost always available for help or to give prices for parts although I may not be able to reply to you outside working hours.

Please use this link for all of your parts enquiries:

Link Removed. Please read This post...

and I will always reply at the first possible opportunity.

All quotes given will show the full Volvo retail price, the discounted price you will pay and the cost of postage clearly. I take the service we provide here (to all internet users) very seriously with it getting my priority at all times.

Please continue to use this thread to leave any feedback for our services, it all helps me to be able to continue with what I have been doing for longer I suppose!

Thanks to everyone who has used us past, present and future!

Many thanks

Simon :)

EDIT:

Important: Please Read the following...

Hi Simon

PLEASE HELP!

I have been through alsmost all suggestions. Went to the local dealer. Took the sound system out no code but found the serial no below. Please help bro I'm writing all the way from south africa. Our president Nelson Mandela passed away. I have a volvo S40 2001 model.

Serial no. Of sound system: VO208010195353N
VIN: YV1VS37691L755055

Thanks your biggest fan

aslan Dec 11th, 2013 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russzn (Post 1533678)
Hi Simon

PLEASE HELP!

I have been through alsmost all suggestions. Went to the local dealer. Took the sound system out no code but found the serial no below. Please help bro I'm writing all the way from south africa.

From previous post by him, I gather that Simon does not come to read the thread here daily. I'm not in the UK and I've emailed him asking for a quotation for some parts recently and it's been nearly two weeks now without a reply, but the parts are non-urgent. English is not my first language and the parts I'm after are not the normal routine parts like brake pads or wipers so I'm not confident of conveying it properly over the phone. In the past I will get a reply in a few days using their official mail and usually it's Simon who does the replying. (see FAQ) I think either he's extremely busy this month or he's on leave since this is the holiday month.

If urgent why don't you give them a call using their international phone line? (in the FAQ) I've called them before (to make payment) and always I've been promptly attended to. It may not be Simon answering the phone, but his mates are all helpful.

Hope that helps!

I bought my 04 V40 used and had the same radio code problem as you. Luckily my dealer here could get it for me, for a fee of course.

Rufe Dec 12th, 2013 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russzn (Post 1533672)
HI Simon,

PLEASE HELP!

I'm from South Africa, and I have been furously trying to get a radio code for my recently purchased 2nd owner volvo s40 2000 model and due to repairs and service the radio code has come up and I have called my local dealer and they gave me a incorrect code so I took the car back they check the unit and they took the actual system out and took several photos and will revert back to me. Its been 30 days and no luck. I understand ur working but please consider my message: Here's my details below:

Vin no: YV1VS3769L755055
Serial no of sound system: VO208010195353N

Hello Russzn,

I have through checked my emails and I honestly can not see any messages off you asking for a radio code for this vehicle? I am unsure if you have sent this to the correct email address or not (frfvolvoparts@gmail.com)?

If you did send me a message to our correct email address then you will have had an automatic reply from me saying to wait for 2 to 3 days, but if you never received that reply then I did not receive your message.

Unfortunately though I can not help you with a radio code for a Non-UK vehicle. the VIN number you have provided is incorrect, as its only 16 digits long and needs to be 17 digits long, but as I said if this car is not from the UK then I can not help you with a radio code.

From our FAQ's: (please see Number [1])

(Q38) I HAVE HEARD YOU CAN SUPPLY RADIO CODES?
Yes we do, and at no cost. We have supplied many radio codes free of charge to Volvo forum users over the years but there are some things we have to point out:

[1] We can only supply radio codes for UK vehicles.

[2] We only supply radio codes to people who email us, not over the phone. Please email frfvolvoparts@gmail.com and ignore the auto-reply you may receive.

[3] We will ask for your registration number and VIN number in order to proceed.

[4] If the code supplied does not work then it is likely that your radio has been replaced at some point in the past. This is not a problem but if this occurs please then take the radio out to find the following information (sometimes these codes may not be on a sticker, but etched into the metal body of the radio):
-Model Number: eg: SC-801
-Serial Number: eg: VO12345A1234567B, OR: M12345678
-Part Number: eg: 3533711

[5] If this second code does not work then it is likely the radio has been re-coded at some point and no Volvo dealer will be able to help, but this is very rare.

[6] Remember that some other Volvo dealers do charge for this service (some upwards of £30 per code) and we offer this service as an extension of the discounted parts supply scheme through the Volvo forums, and as a thank you for the continued support we receive from the forum members.

[7] We reserve the right to NOT supply a radio code if we so choose, at our discretion.

If this is a vehicle from the UK please send me the full 17 digit VIN number to the email address above and I will check for a code for you.

Simon :)

cellieb Dec 18th, 2013 11:49

Just wanted to add my praise and thanks to all the others. I've just joined here having picked up a V8 sport XC90 last week and have ordered a full set of rubber mats including boot liners from Simon.

RollingThunder Jan 27th, 2014 12:13

Hi Simon,

You might remember me from a few years back - I had a red 850R which made me consider buying shares in FRF :) Well I'm back in the fold having bought a V70R, so I thought I'd say Hello and glad to see you're still about! I'll be in touch shortly no doubt.

Thanks for all your help in the past, and look forward to dealing with you again in the future.

All the best, RT (Sam)

Paul Fife Jan 29th, 2014 20:42

Just wanted to add my thanks to these guys. Rang them earlier, left my wallet at home so (swmbo came to my rescue) a few phone calls back and forth - parts being delivered to work tomorrow no fuss and at a discounted price.

Credit were credit is due, top service, easy going and lots of help. Will be back:thumbs_up:

Dancake Jan 29th, 2014 22:34

I've ordered all my Volvo parts from FRF and have spent a small fortune lol, but I have also saved a small fortune compared to what I would have spent at my local Volvo dealers. This service is a fantastic priviledge and would like to thank Simon and the parts guys at FRF for their support. I'll be on the phone shortly for more stuff no doubt :)

dahamsta Jan 31st, 2014 17:25

Simon, I've tried email from ROI a few times but my mails are disappearing into the ether. I wasn't bothered too much at the time because it was a brake upgrade kit I was looking for, and I wasn't in too much of a rush, but I have a load of other parts I want now to start bringing my 850R to S0, and I'd like to get them into my shed for those rare sunny days! Could you keep an eye out for an email from me please? I'll send my address via PM.

EDIT: Ok, I can't PM. :) My address is adam AT beecher DOT net.

Thanks,
Adam

RollingThunder Feb 9th, 2014 10:25

no UK email contact... not a good idea

You're losing potential sales Simon. I sent you an email last week asking for various prices but apparently emails for UK enquiries are now ignored :(

I work 7-7 and am not allowed to use the phone at work, so I cannot call you. I explained this in the email hoping an exception would be made, but as I haven't heard back from you I've now sourced my parts (several £100s) from elsewhere. Very disappointing given how good your service used to be.