Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   XC60 D5 2009 Electrical Problems (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=278363)

Ozwolvo Feb 16th, 2018 02:51

XC60 D5 2009 Electrical Problems

Hi all,
my 2009 XC60 D5 has developed some very perplexing electrical problems and I would greatly appreciate any suggestions regarding my fault finding options.....
The first glitch was the dreaded fuel tank sender/pump showing me that I still had a third of a tank left......but the car would stop as it was not getting access to the other half of the fuel tank. I have another pump/sender assembly on the way so I'm hopeful that will fix that.
The next glitch is the drivers seat controls started being intermittent.....so I removed the PSM and checked for any cold solder joints....nothing obvious but I did re-solder the main switch lugs anyway. No difference....then removed all of the connectors under the seat and checked for corrosion....none found!
Then the scary thing happened.....next day turned on the ignition and the car starts, indicators, wipers,horn all work fine but none of the instrumentation work eg. no drivers display on dash, entertainment centre dead, door locks and windows dead, no lights on speedo cluster, remote is still connecting to the car but only operates the interior lights.
Have checked all related fuses, removed and replaced the CEM plugs, VIDA scanned and its returned "lost communication with PSM and CEM...
Where I live Volvo expertise is scarce as are parts so before I go down the track of finding replacement modules I would rather try and determine if there's something I've missed in my fault finding!
Could the BCM be related to these issues??
Many thanks

SuffolkBoy Feb 16th, 2018 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozwolvo (Post 2369731)
Hi all,
my 2009 XC60 D5 has developed some very perplexing electrical problems and I would greatly appreciate any suggestions regarding my fault finding options.....
The first glitch was the dreaded fuel tank sender/pump showing me that I still had a third of a tank left......but the car would stop as it was not getting access to the other half of the fuel tank. I have another pump/sender assembly on the way so I'm hopeful that will fix that.
The next glitch is the drivers seat controls started being intermittent.....so I removed the PSM and checked for any cold solder joints....nothing obvious but I did re-solder the main switch lugs anyway. No difference....then removed all of the connectors under the seat and checked for corrosion....none found!
Then the scary thing happened.....next day turned on the ignition and the car starts, indicators, wipers,horn all work fine but none of the instrumentation work eg. no drivers display on dash, entertainment centre dead, door locks and windows dead, no lights on speedo cluster, remote is still connecting to the car but only operates the interior lights.
Have checked all related fuses, removed and replaced the CEM plugs, VIDA scanned and its returned "lost communication with PSM and CEM...
Where I live Volvo expertise is scarce as are parts so before I go down the track of finding replacement modules I would rather try and determine if there's something I've missed in my fault finding!
Could the BCM be related to these issues??
Many thanks

Hi ozwolvo,

This section of the forum is for the new XC60 (built from summer 2017) - if you repost in the section two above this one (S60.....XC60 2008>), you will probably get some help and advice to resolve your issues:thumbs_up:

Ozwolvo Feb 16th, 2018 23:53

Oops....thank you