Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   140/164 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   144 offers or else (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=266580)

foo Apr 16th, 2017 15:51

144 offers or else

1 Attachment(s)
I want to sell this to an enthusiast. It needs work: cills, outer arches, inner arches. Engine seals.

Other bits: Bonnet hinges. Bottom of drivers door, heater, spongy brakes.

Chassis is fine.

I live in Birmingham and the local mechanics are very competitive. I tried to get a quote from my mechanic but he said he couldn't give me an exact figure on doing the body repairs. He gave me a 'ball park' figure of 600 quid (just for the bodywork and that would get it through th e MoT).

I thought the quote for 600 quid was pretty good. Also the mechanic recommends pulling out the engine at the same time and doing the engine seals all in one go: I like that idea. and at the same time I would like to fit hardened valve seats so that I can run it with peace of mind on unleaded. I generally put in an unleaded additive.

No Tax no MoT

So that's basically it: Either someone makes an offer over £700 or else … I do the repairs. I might put it up for sale after doing the repairs!

windaelicker88 Apr 17th, 2017 11:47

Could you confirm if it's a manual?

Cheers

foo Apr 17th, 2017 15:43

Yes it's manual. 4 speed no overdrive

windaelicker88 Apr 18th, 2017 10:47

Sorry to be a nuisance but would you have any other pictures of the car? interior,engine bay etc??

I'm a 14 hour round trip from you

Thanks again

Alex02 May 28th, 2017 19:28

Still for sale?

kishor kassie Jun 6th, 2017 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by foo (Post 2262989)
I want to sell this to an enthusiast. It needs work: cills, outer arches, inner arches. Engine seals.

Other bits: Bonnet hinges. Bottom of drivers door, heater, spongy brakes.

Chassis is fine.

I live in Birmingham and the local mechanics are very competitive. I tried to get a quote from my mechanic but he said he couldn't give me an exact figure on doing the body repairs. He gave me a 'ball park' figure of 600 quid (just for the bodywork and that would get it through th e MoT).

I thought the quote for 600 quid was pretty good. Also the mechanic recommends pulling out the engine at the same time and doing the engine seals all in one go: I like that idea. and at the same time I would like to fit hardened valve seats so that I can run it with peace of mind on unleaded. I generally put in an unleaded additive.

No Tax no MoT

So that's basically it: Either someone makes an offer over £700 or else … I do the repairs. I might put it up for sale after doing the repairs!

Hi
I have a lovely V40 Sport on a 52 reg, just fitted new clutch, tow hitch, front shocks, has MOT and 2 keys. Rides like new. Do you want to swap but exchange vehicles at my place, that means you arrange for your 144 to be brought here. Mine can be driven away.
Let me know
Kassie 078 2887 9494