Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Dice and Vida 2014d For Sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=253191)

cheshired5 Jul 14th, 2016 19:42

Dice and Vida 2014d For Sale

Every unit I sell is tested and known working and I have sold many of these through here and my YouTube subscribers and there have been no complaints.

If anyone who has bought from me reads this, please feel free to post up how things worked out for you.

Vida 2014d works on Windows 7 Professional but there are other ways of having Vida for free.

There are 3 buying options.....

Option 1
£85 cash on collection from Crewe in Cheshire or from the 3 x Cheshire M6 service areas (Keele, Sandbach and Knutsford) north or southbound.

Option 2
£95 delivered to mainland UK (Inc. Northern Ireland)
Paid via PayPal friends and family only.

Option 3
Highlands, Islands, Republic of Ireland, Europe and everywhere else is £85 for the Dice/Vida plus you pay the cost of whichever delivery service you choose.
Total paid via PayPal friends and family only.

richard Jul 14th, 2016 23:22

" Paid via PayPal friends and family only. "

So there is no buyer protection, Great!!
Just factor in the 3.5% its not fair on buyers.

cheshired5 Jul 14th, 2016 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard (Post 2139935)
" Paid via PayPal friends and family only. "

So there is no buyer protection, Great!!
Just factor in the 3.5% its not fair on buyers.

I've made friends and family payments which have cost me nothing so if you incur an additional charge, take it up with PayPal. They're taking your money, not me. :)

I've sold many of these without incident because I test them, something which ebay sellers do not do.
I also value my honest reputation so am not into selling something that doesn't work.

One of the options is to meet in person and if you don't trust me, you'd be welcome to test it yourself on your own car before payment so what additional buyer protection are you looking for Richard?

Give me a scenario.

MWMan Jul 15th, 2016 08:25

I have absolutely no affiliation with CheshireD5 other than watching his excellent videos, which have saved me a lot of money on the work I have done on my car. I bought VIDA / DICE sometime ago from EBAY and the amount available and the differing prices, meant it was minefield guessing which one I should pick.

Fortunately for me it worked out, but what a mess it could have been.

I wish Cheshired5 had been offering this service before I bought mine, I would have gone for it like a shot.

However, the fact that it is a proven working system doesn't mean you have a totally free ride. You may still have a bunch of problems getting it to work on YOUR laptop!!! But they can be overcome.

cheshired5 Jul 15th, 2016 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWMan (Post 2139990)
You may still have a bunch of problems getting it to work on YOUR laptop!!! But they can be overcome.

Spot on although I do have a video showing how installation can/should be straightforward.:thumbs_up:

john493 Jul 15th, 2016 09:19

Got mine from Cheshired5 in May this year. You need to be able to follow the software installation tutorial, but if you have any unforeseen problems, Cheshired5 is very helpful in finding ways to resolve.

Based on my own experience, this is an excellent way of getting VIDA/DICE & the best value out there.

Dancake Jul 15th, 2016 09:34

Effectively you are adding another middleman in here, but I believe it's a good thing on this occasion. You could go onto ebay and buy direct, but you can't guarantee a fully working unit or assistance with installation etc.

I understand richards point about friends and family only, but as an estsblished forum member I would very much doubt Cheshired5 would do anyone over on here. Fair play to to him for sticking his neck out and providing these tested units. Use the unit to read codes twice and it's paid for itself (vs the £50 or upwards charge incurred at Volvo for the same service).

outnumbered Jul 15th, 2016 10:36

But on the flip side there has been members that have done people over that are Senior members.
JUST ANOTHER TAKE ON IT .:thumbs_up:
MIKE

cheshired5 Jul 15th, 2016 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by outnumbered (Post 2140071)
But on the flip side there has been members that have done people over that are Senior members.

True, that's why one of the options is to buy from me in person.

Stu B Jul 15th, 2016 14:00

I'm another happy customer and no problem vouching for the OP, great communication, great service and item just as described. Highly recommended as I'd looked into the minefield of eBay options and this totally took the guesswork out of it for a reasonable price I thought. :thumbs_up:

Particularly noteworthy I think is the 'after sales' service Cheshired5 is happy to provide in assisting with any installation or setup questions on VIDA, of which you'll have very few if you follow his video instructions properly (I skipped a step and had to back track a little, oops!).

Top chap! :thumbs_up: