Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   x40 S1 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   2004 T4 bits needed, steering rack, turbo... (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=292174)

clarkey1984 Feb 25th, 2019 11:27

2004 T4 bits needed, steering rack, turbo...

Hi all, the time is nearly upon me to get the t4 recomissioned, I have the replacement engine, plus a few other bits ready to go on, however there are some parts id rather replace than reuse.

I am looking for the following parts, 2nd hand is fine as new isn't an option due to expense that I can't afford.

TD04 14t turbo, i think that's the right number, my car is an 02 2002.

The oil feed pipe from the engine to the turbo, it's a banjo type fitting both ends, mine has split and has been repaired, but still leaks so no good.

Steering rack, it failed the MOT due to leakage.

Fuel pump, mines toast.

I think that's it, I mean, I need a timing belt kit, a thrust bearing for the clutch (the kit I have is only a 2 piece kit) and a few other odds and bits, but I'd be better buying those new.

I'll not be ready to buy for a month or so as I'm planning things to fall together at the right time, the place I can use to do the engine swap is only available short term and I can't leave it sitting around for weeks at a time, so I'm trying to get things ready so it's all done in one hit.

Many thanks in advance :)

clarkey1984 Feb 25th, 2019 22:12

Thread title should read 2002 t4, can't change it now though.

240brick Feb 25th, 2019 22:51

I should have the oil feed pipe you're after as I just stripped a t4 engine. Have you got a pic of the exact pipe you're after? can pm for phone number / email if thats easier

clarkey1984 Feb 26th, 2019 19:21

1 Attachment(s)
It's the one that bolts to the top of the turbo and goes round the back of the engine onto something else, can't remember off hand if it goes straight to the block or not but it's a banjo type fitting on both ends and is what I believe to be the oil feed pipe, I know it's not the oil return one anyway as that's a push fit into the block that's on an O ring, I've found a picture online and I'm 99 percent sure it's this one.

Also, if you happen to have a turbo too and the car it came from hadn't gone 187 thousand miles I'd be extremely interested in that too, as although I don't think mine necessarily has a serious problem, it does whine a bit when the engine is cold and has done mega miles.

240brick Mar 1st, 2019 09:31

sorry for delay, missed the notification email that you replied. I will hunt through the parts I have in boxes and dig it out, definitely there though as I never sold any of the pipe work.

With regards to the turbo, I did actually sell that already. It had a whine also and was sold 'for rebuild'

240brick Mar 2nd, 2019 18:05

Yep still have that pipe, one end still bolted up to the block at mo

£15 posted, send me a pm for paypal details if thats ok

clarkey1984 Mar 5th, 2019 23:54

That's the hose sorted, many thanks to 240 brick, just the rest of the bits to go.

clarkey1984 Apr 1st, 2019 20:10

Still after most of these bits of anyone is either breaking one or has a stash of parts from one :)

canis Apr 2nd, 2019 05:58

Are T4 steering racks different? Might be wrong, but I would very much doubt it.

clarkey1984 Apr 2nd, 2019 09:16

Knowing my luck quite possibly, although it's annoying as my rack works absolutely fine, it's just got a slight leak, and with the new environmental part of Mots bow it failed.