Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

colnet Jun 29th, 2020 15:30

I don't think you are, FRF was £30 dearer even using c30 code than my local volvo dealership who by the way are renowned for ripping punters off when I got prices on cambelt kit and Waterpump, so I went local. I am also waiting on some info from FRF, been well over a week and still nothing. I do not entertain the covid excuse anymore that most businesses are using, as its quite simple, it's a don't give a sh#t attitude.

Lolly1705 Jun 29th, 2020 15:44

Shame have had such bad luck with the car and then the tow bar witter sent was faulty, was hoping for a cheaper price to but was abit gobsmacked, was quoted £106 but can see lots of people, albeit a while back got them for half the price! My local is Marshall’s and I hate giving them my pennies but looks like it’s going to have to be!

V70 D5 SE AUTO 05 Jun 29th, 2020 20:32

Just found out about you guys. Maybe you can help me?

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 128917

I am on the hunt for this gasket. It came from the EGR Cooler / Egr Valve assembly. This is the one between the actuator pin and the valve itself. Mine appears to have a crack through one corner (bottom left)

Would be great to hear from you!

Best regards,
Sam

Derek UK Jun 30th, 2020 12:29

What was their response when you told them that?
As a previous and recent customer, parts should be here today with luck, I have always found them to be very competitive, with the discount making them even more so.

Lolly1705 Jun 30th, 2020 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek UK (Post 2643541)
What was their response when you told them that?
As a previous and recent customer, parts should be here today with luck, I have always found them to be very competitive, with the discount making them even more so.

Their reply was that’s the best they could as that included the owners club discount code 🤷

Bashy Jul 4th, 2020 10:47

Hi, I'm not overly impressed, I ordered the injector fitting kit on the morning of the 30th of June, Its only a tiny washer, small bracket and 2 bolts,, i really thought it would be here by now but postie has been and gone, I'm stuck in a village with no other transport, I am sure even 2nd post would have arrived by now :( had I gone the ebay route, that was promised for Friday gone

RS3100 Jul 4th, 2020 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bashy (Post 2644526)
Hi, I'm not overly impressed, I ordered the injector fitting kit on the morning of the 30th of June, Its only a tiny washer, small bracket and 2 bolts,, i really thought it would be here by now but postie has been and gone, I'm stuck in a village with no other transport, I am sure even 2nd post would have arrived by now :( had I gone the ebay route, that was promised for Friday gone

Covid is still having an effect on the post office, and the extent does seem to vary in different parts of the country. You should see the state of the sorting office here in Watford, and whilst post we send out does seem to be arriving at most destinations fairly quickly, we are still only getting once weekly deliveries and even items sent by next day delivery are taking up to 10 days to arrive. Even when we get a postal delivery in between, it seems a lot of stuff is backed up in the postal system, possibly held in quarantine before being handed to posties, although I'm only guessing at that aspect.

I'm getting eBay stuff well over a week after the estimated delivery date shown at time of purchase too.

So I wouldn't necessarily put the blame entirely on FRF.

Bashy Jul 4th, 2020 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS3100 (Post 2644554)
Covid is still having an effect on the post office, and the extent does seem to vary in different parts of the country. You should see the state of the sorting office here in Watford, and whilst post we send out does seem to be arriving at most destinations fairly quickly, we are still only getting once weekly deliveries and even items sent by next day delivery are taking up to 10 days to arrive. Even when we get a postal delivery in between, it seems a lot of stuff is backed up in the postal system, possibly held in quarantine before being handed to posties, although I'm only guessing at that aspect.

I'm getting eBay stuff well over a week after the estimated delivery date shown at time of purchase too.

So I wouldn't necessarily put the blame entirely on FRF.

I could blame Covid but when ive ordered other items elsewhere, they were here the day after, to be fair, i haven't had any order delays even at the height of the lock down, been quite lucky...

4x4 Jul 4th, 2020 13:35

FRF are not posting Royal Mail at the moment, they are using couriers mainly DPD

Bashy Jul 4th, 2020 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4 (Post 2644575)
FRF are not posting Royal Mail at the moment, they are using couriers mainly DPD

I spose it could still come today then, i doubt it thought as my DPD apps says nothing for me....