Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   940 Wentworth B200FT engine (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=294236)

omc 47 Apr 27th, 2019 11:54

940 Wentworth B200FT engine

With great delliberation and possibly regret after many years of ownership l've decided to break (for my own use) my Wentworth...............so.........
I have a 940 Wentworth 2ltre turbo engine for sale complete, it can be seen running before purchase and has done approx 187,000 miles.
It has no issues and runs with no gliches, after the purchase agreement I can remove the engine with help from the interested party.
I have an engine lift and a good concrete yard for access to the donor vehicle.

Price £200
Email me on andy.can@btinternet.com if you are interested..........many thanks

omc 47 May 9th, 2019 18:10

BUMP.......

Ok so l was a bit "out" perhaps on the price or interested parties did'nt fancy lumping an engine around.
BUT it does come with all ancilleries, Alternator,Starter,ECU,steering and air con pump.
It runs well and is still available to view.......with cups of tea and cake.....any offers...... but no insults gents..... thankyou

360beast May 9th, 2019 21:47

I would have said it was cheap, I sold a 204k mile b230fk for £290 a few months ago with no ancilliaries so you should easily get that.

omc 47 May 10th, 2019 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360beast (Post 2519544)
I would have said it was cheap, I sold a 204k mile b230fk for £290 a few months ago with no ancilliaries so you should easily get that.

Thanks for your kind reply 360beast, yes l thought l was being reasonable actually considering engines from our trusty steeds on Ebay go for a lot more without the chance to see em' running.
There are a couple at the moment well over £600 ........eerrrm .....with the gearbox l might add but even so £200 with visual confimation and TLC seems fair.

May put it on Ebay for £300 without the extra bits and see what transpires.......

ian2000t May 18th, 2019 23:05

Do you have any other parts from the car, like the rear axle?

omc 47 May 19th, 2019 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian2000t (Post 2521705)
Do you have any other parts from the car, like the rear axle?

Hi Ian,

thanks for the enquiry, I am NOT at this time selling any parts as I have recently bought a 2.3 940 and have not gone round the old girl to see if there's any long term requirements.
I have had a couple of Wentworths for 10years and am selling one when I've changed the oil etc and the other I am breaking hence the 2.0 ltre parts.
I am like most redblock Volvo owners and have this strange habit of hoarding bits (just in case) things go wrong but in all 'onesty we could'nt own a more reliable long lasting lump of metal.
I'm sorry to disappoint you but maybe at some point I will start putting bits and pieces on here.
Thanks again, Andy

ian2000t May 21st, 2019 15:59

Thank you for the reply.

I know what you mean about hoarding!! Unfortunately though (more due to a hard life, and slightly lacking maintenance in the last few years) mine is starting to fail on me a bit.

If you do change your mind, please let me know - mainly about the axle. I believe it should have the auto-locking axle, which I was going to put in mine, but my spare has gone bad due to condensation sitting static outside for too long.
I'm only in Halesowen (nr. Brum) and could probably even take it out, and put an old scrap axle in place if you needed it rolling still.

Markbr May 22nd, 2019 09:49

Hi, quite interested in the engine, I’m running a std b200e and want an upgrade, will it come with the inter cooler, wiring loom etc?
And where abouts are you based?
Cheers

360beast May 22nd, 2019 21:27

Email sent.

omc 47 May 23rd, 2019 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markbr (Post 2522536)
Hi, quite interested in the engine, I’m running a std b200e and want an upgrade, will it come with the inter cooler, wiring loom etc?
And where abouts are you based?
Cheers

Hi,
very sorry for the delay, yes you can have the intercooler and associated wiring but not sure of the intercooler's condition until it's removed.
The engine is still in the car for checking condition before buying.

I'm 12 miles from Stratford on Avon WR11 7PD

Email me andy.can@btinternet.com.

Cheers Andy