Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Voice recognition problems (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=297633)

BigKahuna Aug 15th, 2019 19:23

Voice recognition problems

Anyone else had any issues? Suddenly my XC60/Sensus doesn't seem to recognise my voice for recollection of phone numbers and calls as it used too. Occasionally it does work but more often than not it just repeats "What do you want to do?" The handsfree gets a lot of daily and whilst it's never been 100% glitch free, it's never been this bad. I can't find any microphone sensitivity adjustment controls anywhere on Sensus as on previous cars. Thanks

Begonia Aug 17th, 2019 11:57

Although you say this problem has arisen suddenly, this may well be more of an 'external noises are interfering and muddling the spoken command' problem, IMHO.

Just tell it, "Cancel" and then repeat what you wanted to say.

Clan Aug 17th, 2019 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigKahuna (Post 2545036)
Anyone else had any issues? Suddenly my XC60/Sensus doesn't seem to recognise my voice for recollection of phone numbers and calls as it used too. Occasionally it does work but more often than not it just repeats "What do you want to do?" The handsfree gets a lot of daily and whilst it's never been 100% glitch free, it's never been this bad. I can't find any microphone sensitivity adjustment controls anywhere on Sensus as on previous cars. Thanks

Have you done the voice training in the car? Having said that it works pretty well with most accents as standard...

BigKahuna Aug 17th, 2019 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2545535)
Have you done the voice training in the car? Having said that it works pretty well with most accents as standard...

Can't say I've done this to be honest, wasn't even aware of it. I've had the car a year and a half, and whist occasionally it's been a bit glitchy, I've never had it to this extent, and I use it all day everyday day with my job. Won't seem to recognise any commands including those not connected with the phone (raise temperature, fan etc...) I'll check out the voice training if I can find it, thanks

Clan Aug 17th, 2019 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigKahuna (Post 2545644)
Can't say I've done this to be honest, wasn't even aware of it. I've had the car a year and a half, and whist occasionally it's been a bit glitchy, I've never had it to this extent, and I use it all day everyday day with my job. Won't seem to recognise any commands including those not connected with the phone (raise temperature, fan etc...) I'll check out the voice training if I can find it, thanks

voice training is in the menu ... it takes about 15 minutes

BigKahuna Aug 17th, 2019 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2545651)

Thanks. I'm just uploading the voice control update from the website then I'll have a dig into the menu. Any clues where to start? :tounge_smile:

BroadwayBlueshirt Aug 17th, 2019 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2545651)

Cheers. That`s something I need to do. Like the OP, I never knew you could do that

Clan Aug 17th, 2019 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigKahuna (Post 2545656)
Thanks. I'm just uploading the voice control update from the website then I'll have a dig into the menu. Any clues where to start? :tounge_smile:

alas no it has always worked about 90% well for me .

BigKahuna Aug 17th, 2019 22:04

I can't find any sign of voice training in the menu. What's more I've finished uploading the update and now the voice control button on the steering wheel does nothing....just dead :shocked:

Clan Aug 17th, 2019 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigKahuna (Post 2545666)
I can't find any sign of voice training in the menu. What's more I've finished uploading the update and now the voice control button on the steering wheel does nothing....just dead :shocked:

have a look in the owner's manual , its very comprehensive and built into the sensus system ..