Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Ireland: Next Irish Meet - Glenshane Mountain Pass - 14th Dec. 2008 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=61774)

DarrenK Nov 23rd, 2008 12:39

Next Irish Meet - Glenshane Mountain Pass - 14th Dec. 2008

Date; Sunday 14th December

Meeting; Ness Garden Centre Car Park
11.00am, leaving at 11.30 on the dot...
Click here for the route (meeting point at point A)!

Thanks to NI_Volvo_Nut we've made a couple of revisions in the route to make it a little more exciting without effecting the schedule!

Travelling from the South via/or the East;
Follow the M2 up to Antrim and continue forward onto the M22. As the M22 ends follow onto the A6 heading for Londonderry. Once you pass signposts for Claudy, Ness Garden Centre will be signposted several miles up the road on the right - if you miss the first entrance don't worry, there's a second entrance a few hundred yards further on (we'll be meeting near the top entrance).

For the Southerns - having explored the local roads I would recommend heading up via the East as above; it's a few more miles but given the roads it would be quicker and probably less boring.

Run Details;
Due to our shorter days over Winter this will simply be an easy jaunt through the Sperrin Mountains along the Glenshane Pass. Easy driving, easy roads and half way down a short detour over a mountain road with lovely scenery!

We will finish at Harleys American Steakhouse outside Castledawson for lunch which I've uploaded the menu for; Click here to view the menu!
If you haven't already done so, let me know if you are attending and how many will be in your party so I can keep note of the numbers for the reservation!

brens-s80 Nov 23rd, 2008 12:58

hi there

hi darren,

thanks for arranging this meeting. the 14th suits great as it fits in with my work schedule nicely. Count myself and Janet being there & i look forward to seeing you all.

regards

brendan

DarrenK Nov 23rd, 2008 13:39

Nice one Brendan. :thumbs_up: What Volvo you bringing?

I'll be there in the 245 and I might just be able to sweet talk the missus into driving the 855. :car:

NI_Volvo_Nut Nov 23rd, 2008 15:23

Somethings telling me i've something on that day, i'll let you know in a few days, either way i'll see ya's all at ness, its not far away from me :)

btw, i'll just have the 1 car there this time lol

Bernard333 Nov 23rd, 2008 16:11

would like to come if I am Ireland on 14th Dec , could be as late as late as 8th Dec before I know my work schedule , would be two of us plus kids ( if they are allowed ? )

mchudd Nov 23rd, 2008 16:27

Irish meeting

Hi Darren.
I would love to come as i have never been to one.sadly the MOT will have run out on my mk1 345dl,but my 360glt project will be up and running by then.I will cheak my work rota as i work a shift patern and let you know in a day or so.
Cheers Mark.

NI_Volvo_Nut Nov 23rd, 2008 16:50

McHudd, what part of the country are you in, might be able to help you with an MOT date....

mchudd Nov 23rd, 2008 17:15

irish meeting

Hi mate.
I am in castlereagh Belfast.Thanks for your help,however she needs a bit of a rest.She is my daily driver and will be 28 on her next birthday,so i need to take her of the road for a while to do some work.
Cheers Mark.

NI_Volvo_Nut Nov 23rd, 2008 17:51

No bother m8 :)

craig8661 Nov 23rd, 2008 18:13

hi there me and helen and dogs will be there lol