Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Polestar Engineered Optimisation/Polestar Engineered......* (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=299152)

mpeng82 Oct 3rd, 2019 21:08

Polestar Engineered Optimisation/Polestar Engineered......*

I know that if i buy this upgrade it is meant to

Slightly increase bhp by 10 on v60 190bhp car
Increase mpg by upto 25% (cant be that much)
For a nice price of just under £800.

My dealer has said that if not happy i have two weeks to change my mind for a full refund, but.......

I am new to Volvo and awaiting delivery of my car so without taking ownership and driving over multiple months, not entirely sure if the cost vs benefits are actually worth it.

Would love to hear actual experiences of those who have added this to their standard car and what differences they have factually had.

Thanks

Matt

teefin Oct 5th, 2019 10:55

I am having polyester installed next week on my MY 18 V90 D4 so will hopefully be able to let you know of any improvements .

Zebster Oct 5th, 2019 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpeng82 (Post 2559464)
I know that if i buy this upgrade it is meant to

Slightly increase bhp by 10 on v60 190bhp car
Increase mpg by upto 25% (cant be that much)
For a nice price of just under £800.

My dealer has said that if not happy i have two weeks to change my mind for a full refund, but...

There is no way the mpg will improve by that amount; I doubt it'll improve at all. Someone is lying!

domhart10 Oct 7th, 2019 12:37

Yes you will get bhp gains and increased mpg. Throttle responce will be improved.

You will probably never get what they claim in the stats but it gives you a rough idea. With the additional power if used your mpg will obviously go down.

had mapped cars and mpg has increassed but the temptation to use more power comes in way too often so my mpg just dropped more instead.

Zebster Oct 7th, 2019 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by domhart10 (Post 2560546)
Yes you will get bhp gains and increased mpg. Throttle responce will be improved.

You will probably never get what they claim in the stats but it gives you a rough idea. With the additional power if used your mpg will obviously go down.

had mapped cars and mpg has increassed but the temptation to use more power comes in way too often so my mpg just dropped more instead.

Obviously it's possible to increase the engine power by tweaking the map but - seeing as how new cars are heavily sold on MPG figures - Volvo would have already optimised fuel economy (and the dependent low emissions) on the original map.

Volvo do not claim any fuel economy improvement on their website... https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/shop...r-optimization

domhart10 Oct 7th, 2019 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebster (Post 2560570)
Obviously it's possible to increase the engine power by tweaking the map but - seeing as how new cars are heavily sold on MPG figures - Volvo would have already optimised fuel economy (and the dependent low emissions) on the original map.

Volvo do not claim any fuel economy improvement on their website... https://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/shop...r-optimization

I think you are basing this on assumption? I never claimed they said that anyway so ........ ?

Anyway from the cars I have had mapped, I have always had increased mpg, non of the maps claimed they would increase mpg, they just did as I got them for the increased gains.

Zebster Oct 7th, 2019 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by domhart10 (Post 2560602)
I think you are basing this on assumption? I never claimed they said that anyway so ........ ?

Anyway from the cars I have had mapped, I have always had increased mpg, non of the maps claimed they would increase mpg, they just did as I got them for the increased gains.

Actually my only assumption was the placebo effect!

domhart10 Oct 7th, 2019 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebster (Post 2560641)
Actually my only assumption was the placebo effect!

Ah right well yes there is an increased mpg with maps. Had an increase on mpg on all my mapped cars, wasnt a placebo effect at all but foot down and mpg is considerably less

Zebster Oct 7th, 2019 19:27

I've certainly heard others on car forums stating that their indicated mpg has improved following a remap, however brim-to-brim calculations have shown otherwise (these were NOT Polestar remaps, which I would naturally expect to maintain the displayed mpg to be as accurate as before).

I find it mildly irritating that Volvo deliberately 'de-optimise' the throttle performance/responsiveness/gearshift performance of their cars and then charge owners a small fortune to put it back to how it should be!!! To consider that they might also do this with mpg/emissions is frankly inconceivable and - as I posted previously - if it were true then they would certainly want to advertise this increased mpg as a Polestar benefit (which they don't mention).

bmwshooting Oct 7th, 2019 22:12

Polestar Engineered optimisation/Polestar Engineered

Just bought a 2014 V70D5 Polestar /the dealer says 212 bhp in comparison to
Other Volvos I have owned numerous V70 and a V60 i think this could be the best yet loads of midrange grunt and when driven with a lite foot on motorway 56mpg normal every day 39 ish get it done and enjoy