Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   General: EGR Issues -help locating OEM part! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=296050)

F10pst3r Jun 25th, 2019 18:31

EGR Issues -help locating OEM part!

Right, I have been on this forum constantly the past few, trying to find a cure for the dreaded EGR “Anti skid service”

This started when replacing the EGR valve with one from ECP. I am getting the usual suspects, insufficient flow, something about range etc.

I have tried blanking it off, but the anti-skid is still coming up. This leaves me with 2 options...

EGR delete, (unsure if my car has a DPF or not?) which may or may not be a cheaper option (quoted £150 for EGR delete and re-map with 2 year warranty)

OR the preferable option, find a OEM EGR valve which wont throw these faults...

The reason I am here, is to ask if anyone knows where I can get my hands on a new OEM EGR valve, (not from a dealer - don’t want to pay through the nose for it! unless its under £150)
There are several options on GSF car parts website, not sure if any of these are OEM spec though...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

iainmd Jun 25th, 2019 20:02

See thread here

I'm afraid I went through the same thing and £250 for a Volvo OEM one was all that would fix the problem. 3000 miles later it's all still good.

Sorry but all I can recommend is stump up for a dealer supplied OEM one. Welcome to the joys (or lack thereof) of Volvo ownership.

F10pst3r Jun 25th, 2019 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by iainmd (Post 2531457)
See thread here

I'm afraid I went through the same thing and £250 for a Volvo OEM one was all that would fix the problem. 3000 miles later it's all still good.

Sorry but all I can recommend is stump up for a dealer supplied OEM one. Welcome to the joys (or lack thereof) of Volvo ownership.

Was this the fitted price? or fitted yourself? :)

iainmd Jun 25th, 2019 21:12

I fitted it myself. It's not particularly difficult to do. 10 minute job but you should really use Vida to run a calibration on the new egr once it's in. Not a problem for me as I have Vida/dice.

F10pst3r Jun 25th, 2019 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by iainmd (Post 2531483)
I fitted it myself. It's not particularly difficult to do. 10 minute job but you should really use Vida to run a calibration on the new egr once it's in. Not a problem for me as I have Vida/dice.

Perhaps that’s what’s wrong? When I fitted my new one, I didn’t reset the values. (I have only just learnt about this)
If I reset the values now, could that solve the issue?

iainmd Jun 26th, 2019 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by F10pst3r (Post 2531484)
Perhaps that’s what’s wrong? When I fitted my new one, I didn’t reset the values. (I have only just learnt about this)
If I reset the values now, could that solve the issue?

Possibly and worth trying if you have VIDA/DICE. With the Haas one I got from Euro Car Parts it made no difference and problems persisted until I swapped it out for an OEM one.

The OEM one is an exchange part so you need to hand over the old one. I had binned the original OEM one by then so handed back the Haas one to Volvo.

S402002 Jun 26th, 2019 17:14

i have vida if u want to try PM me im from southampton