Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Safety recall for cooling system - R10027 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=310636)

Zebster Oct 6th, 2020 14:15

Safety recall for cooling system - R10027

I hadn't heard anything about this problem until I got a recall notification through the post this morning; apparently trapped air in the cooling system can cause overheating, including the possibility of an engine bay fire! A bleeder hose needs to be fitted by a dealer. Affects 2014 - 2017 models.

DaveXC Oct 6th, 2020 16:14

Hi, I only heard about this last week, the previous owner was local and he put the letter from Volvo through my door.

I had the work done this morning, took about 15 minutes.

Chrisv60 Oct 6th, 2020 17:21

Aaaaaaaagh.

I think this is now recall no.5. Door safety loom, EGR cooler (several visits), manifold, seat belt and now water hose.

Keeps the dealers busy I suppose.

Zebster Oct 6th, 2020 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisv60 (Post 2671064)
Aaaaaaaagh.

I think this is now recall no.5. Door safety loom, EGR cooler (several visits), manifold, seat belt and now water hose.

Strangely, mine's not been recalled for the seatbelt issue. Maybe the R-Design seats aren't affected?

Clan Oct 6th, 2020 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisv60 (Post 2671064)
Aaaaaaaagh.

they are run off their feet with new car preparation .

Discombobulated Oct 6th, 2020 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebster (Post 2671065)
Strangely, mine's not been recalled for the seatbelt issue. Maybe the R-Design seats aren't affected?

Hi Zebster, our R-Design had a letter about the seatbelts, my missus asked about this when it went for service (it’s her car) and she was told there’s no recall yet, just to keep an eye on them and we’ll be notified when there’s a solution.

Cheers, Luke

dhr90 Oct 7th, 2020 01:42

Does this effect more than one type of engine? Ie just D4? Or D4 VEA and D5 5 cylinder for instance?

Zebster Oct 7th, 2020 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhr90 (Post 2671201)
Does this effect more than one type of engine? Ie just D4? Or D4 VEA and D5 5 cylinder for instance?

I would assume that this recall does not include models with the 5-cylinder engine.

Zebster Oct 13th, 2020 14:08

Mine is now booked in to have this done tomorrow. They say they need it for 1.5 hours, but we'll see!

Will update when it's done.

scoobysn7x Oct 13th, 2020 22:44

I'm confused by this, my car was at the dealers about 3 weeks ago for a alarm issue, when I booked it in they said there were 3 recalls due and they would do them at the same time. One was the seat belt, the other was a manifold, and the final recall was a software one.

I received a letter on saturday for the cooling recall, I phoned the dealer yesterday and they checked and said this recall had already been done when the car was in last time. So I'm not sure if the manifold and the cooling system is the same recall?!?!? Does anyone have a picture of what the cooling system recall looks like, I think its an additional pipe, just wanted to double check if it's been done on mine