Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Are XC60 owners happy? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=92978)

Vecais Apr 10th, 2010 04:16

Are XC60 owners happy?

The forums tend to focus on issues and problems. I am happy with my XC60 and have no problems. Anyone else?

SKH Apr 10th, 2010 10:18

Nothing is ever perfect but the XC60 is easily the best car I have owned in 35 years driving.

Brodick Apr 10th, 2010 15:44

I have to say I am very happy with my XC60. only done 1200 miles so far
so it is early days. (I do have a couple of what I hope to be very minor issues which will be sorted at its quality assurance inspection)

Still Very Happy though.

davidash Apr 10th, 2010 16:48

Best car I have ever owned (+40 years on the road - mostly Merc's). Very comfortable, loads of power and lots of extras. Hoping to try it offroad soon.

XC 60 D5 AWD Geartronic

Foringo Apr 10th, 2010 18:56

Due for 3000 mile quality check on Monday....no problems and very pleased with my XC60...seems to be very well built.

Clan Apr 10th, 2010 19:06

no real faults cropping up at all . Most of the technology is proved in the S80 from 2007 except city safety , but one must assume thats fully sorted , we cant really test that until the conditions are right to bring it into action .
There is a steering pipe retaining screw recall on certain XC60's which is an inherent FORD problem which Volvo have developed a better design fix for ..

NewVolvo Apr 10th, 2010 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 650078)
no real faults cropping up at all . Most of the technology is proved in the S80 from 2007 except city safety , but one must assume thats fully sorted , we cant really test that until the conditions are right to bring it into action .
There is a steering pipe retaining screw recall on certain XC60's which is an inherent FORD problem which Volvo have developed a better design fix for ..

Got my recall letter today..... 2nd one this year!

bluesnappa Apr 11th, 2010 00:55

:) you bet!

Bonnie-Sunshine Apr 11th, 2010 09:52

I love my XC60. My last car was a Merc CLK convertible, but I was over the whole "wind in ya hair" thing. This is the perfect car for me. As I said, I love it.

Vecais Apr 11th, 2010 11:29

As most have commented, there is plenty to like about the car. I will list some of the things that appeal to me:

Sure-footed handling on tarmac or dirt roads, wet or dry.
Plenty of power for hills or overtaking (D5 twin turbo plus good auto).
Good fuel economy.
Folding external mirrors and the close of windows on locking up.
Bluetooth phone.

But some minor irritations:

Switches are not ergonomically designed. We often inadvertently press the flashing warning lights when retrieving sunglasses from the micro shelf in the dash and also press the fuel lid when attempting to open the power tailgate. The main light switch is invisible when driving so it is best to drive with the lights always on (probably a bit safer, as well).

The rear windscreen badly accumulates dust when driving off the tarmac.