Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   VIDA Eventually (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=288344)

stevepen Nov 7th, 2018 18:58

VIDA Eventually

Eventually got VIDA working today. That’s 4 hours of my life I’ll never get back! Put it on an old Windows 7 Home 64-bit laptop. After reading through all the forums found out I had to upgrade to Pro, then downgrade.net. The hardest bit was getting the update patch installed. This took 2 hours on its own to get right. If not done right you keep getting login errors. Had a quick play with it today and all looked good. First proper job will be to retract the electronic rear brakes when I change the disks and pads.

Got the cheapest china one off eBay. Well worth £64 as I’m sure it will get well used.

cheshired5 Nov 7th, 2018 19:12

The video instructions I supply to my Dice buyers show how Vida works no problem with the latest .net Framework (4.7?) and IE11 and I also supply the updated patch with a 2049 expiry which you install in less than a minute.

There are Dice sellers and there are, well other Dice sellers. :)

stevepen Nov 7th, 2018 22:25

The Chinese are rubbish when it comes to instructions. If they would have just explained it better then it would of taken no time. Works with IE11 ok. Sorry, didn’t spot you sold them.

Tatsfield Nov 8th, 2018 11:16

Several years after buying my DiCE I am still no nearer to installing VIDA. @stevepen, you couldn't PM me idiot instructions, and I mean real idiot instructions, on exactly what you did to install what elements that got the thing to work. I still have login errors. The sad thing is that I bought, installed and used a Peugeot/Citroen Planet/Lexia and managed to identify the installation problems and overcome them but VIDA has, so far, defeated me. :sad_smile:

stevepen Nov 8th, 2018 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatsfield (Post 2464876)
Several years after buying my DiCE I am still no nearer to installing VIDA. @stevepen, you couldn't PM me idiot instructions, and I mean real idiot instructions, on exactly what you did to install what elements that got the thing to work. I still have login errors. The sad thing is that I bought, installed and used a Peugeot/Citroen Planet/Lexia and managed to identify the installation problems and overcome them but VIDA has, so far, defeated me. :sad_smile:

Sounds like you got exactly to where I did, then hit the login problems. I eventually found out that it's the expiry date of the software that causes the login problems. The patch you install after the initial install has a new date of 2099 but I realised after a bit that patch wasn't installing properly. It's hard to tell as it just flashes a few screens very briefly. In the end after trolling the internet and trying bits from different sites I found this to work - Right click on the patch and run as administrator, ignoring first error that pops up. Make sure you have 3 files (filldb, sql something and licence) in the c:\vida\patch folder. Then right click and run as administrator in the filldb file. Then restart you PC. This worked for me and hope you get the same results :regular_smile:

Tatsfield Nov 8th, 2018 21:43

Thanks. I'll have another go using your instructions. :rose::regular_smile:

Tatsfield Nov 9th, 2018 13:08

Left everything as it was and visited the Patch directory in C:\ and followed the instructions. At first I thought nothing had happened. Couldn't load using the Admin icon on the desktop but just tried a plain VIDA icon in the task bar and whoopee! It loaded and runs under username "1" Now to plug it into the car. Thanks for the simple but vital instructions. :rose: :regular_smile:

stevepen Nov 9th, 2018 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatsfield (Post 2465198)
Left everything as it was and visited the Patch directory in C:\ and followed the instructions. At first I thought nothing had happened. Couldn't load using the Admin icon on the desktop but just tried a plain VIDA icon in the task bar and whoopee! It loaded and runs under username "1" Now to plug it into the car. Thanks for the simple but vital instructions. :rose: :regular_smile:

Great news! Glad it's worked out ok.

V70Zig Nov 9th, 2018 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatsfield (Post 2465198)

Hi Tats

It's all about installing the patch....:teeth_smile:.....don't use the admin icon....try the VIDA All-In-One icon.....:regular_smile:

Tatsfield Nov 10th, 2018 11:46

Quote:

try the VIDA All-In-One icon
Yes that was the one! I hope anyone out there not wanting to own up to being as foxed by the VIDA installation as I was will benefit from these point which the VIDA competent might have thought were obvious but were not to me. :_: