Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Waiting patiently for my new XC90 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271214)

Samrainbow Aug 4th, 2017 14:31

Waiting patiently for my new XC90

Hi
First post from me 😊
I ordered my first XC90 a few weeks ago (over the Jag F Pace, Disco and Massa Levante) and have today been given a date of the 2nd week of September. How realistic is this, does it generally change and get delayed or is it pretty accurate? I'm just impatient already....... 😊

newboldi Aug 4th, 2017 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samrainbow (Post 2305100)
Hi
First post from me 😊
I ordered my first XC90 a few weeks ago (over the Jag F Pace, Disco and Massa Levante) and have today been given a date of the 2nd week of September. How realistic is this, does it generally change and get delayed or is it pretty accurate? I'm just impatient already....... 😊

I'm feeling like that too a bit... am told it's being built 'now' and will be here for beginning of Sept, but why am I nervous. The Beamer goes at the end of August so worried ill be without a car...a little! Good luck...

Parvez78 Aug 4th, 2017 15:15

Quote:

Hi
First post from me 😊

I Ordered this week, funnily enough i was also looking at the Jag F Pace, what made you go for the XC90 in the end?
Which spec did you go for?

andyfromembsay Aug 4th, 2017 15:49

Quote:

Hi
First post from me 😊

From reading lots of posts on here if the date moves at all it tends to be earlier, though now they're not putting delivery status on My Volvo (which was v pessimistic) I think dealer dates tend to be reasonably accurate.

I think the factory is on shutdown at the moment til mid-August - presumably if there's any disruption it'll be when they come back to work.

Mine's due to the dealer on 12/9 - hoping to pick up later that week, maybe six weeks today...

Fortune7 Aug 4th, 2017 16:10

Quote:

Hi
First post from me 😊

I ordered back at Easter (late April), was told September then it came forward fairly quickly to June (!) but I am guessing they had some spare capacity then. My dealer kept me updated by providing copies of Volvo's 'Vista' records; a 2-page printout which had all the relevant dates and, importantly, the exact build specification / options, etc. Like others, I found omissions in early versions but was able to get these corrected before the cut-off build date.

So, if you can, ask your dealer for the latest Vista record for your car. Not sure how this works if you are leasing....

Cheers, Andy

philsuarez Aug 4th, 2017 16:49

Waiting

I did mine via lease last week and was told 16 weeks!

Samrainbow Aug 4th, 2017 18:35

Thank you for all the replies!
I've ordered a momentum pro with the xenium pack (which I was a bit cross you had to order the blind spot pack at £500 in addition - why not include it?), family pack, smartphone integration and (yes yes I know it's stupid) the Bowers & Wilkins stereo upgrade. It's osmium grey, 6 spoke wheels and the D5 AWD engine (although I may add the polestar later - I'm used to a Mini Cooper s).

I actually went in to drive the xc60 after hubby had one as a company car a while ago, but fell for the 90's looks and sheer size! I looked at the F pace (thought it was very dull and "basic" looking for such a premium car), disco (lovely lovely car but worried about reliability, and no space left once the 3rd row of seats were up. Also, no intergrated child booster seat, meaning we had to take a car seat out each time someone wanted to use the boot seats) and the Levante (omg such a gorgeous gorgeous car but such a lot of money for not quite big enough car).

I'm planning to drive through Europe with the kids, and also have days out with the parents, and the xc90 just ticked all the boxes. Although I am beginning to have kittens about the sheer size of it!

nu11eaf Aug 4th, 2017 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samrainbow (Post 2305168)
I've ordered a momentum pro with the xenium pack (which I was a bit cross you had to order the blind spot pack at £500 in addition - why not include it?), family pack, smartphone integration and (yes yes I know it's stupid) the Bowers & Wilkins stereo upgrade. It's osmium grey, 6 spoke wheels and the D5 AWD engine (although I may add the polestar later - I'm used to a Mini Cooper s).

I actually went in to drive the xc60 after hubby had one as a company car a while ago, but fell for the 90's looks and sheer size! I looked at the F pace (thought it was very dull and "basic" looking for such a premium car), disco (lovely lovely car but worried about reliability, and no space left once the 3rd row of seats were up. Also, no intergrated child booster seat, meaning we had to take a car seat out each time someone wanted to use the boot seats) and the Levante (omg such a gorgeous gorgeous car but such a lot of money for not quite big enough car).

I'm planning to drive through Europe with the kids, and also have days out with the parents, and the xc90 just ticked all the boxes. Although I am beginning to have kittens about the sheer size of it!

XC90 in dynamic mode v Mini Cooper S: You will be most surprised at XC90 pace, for a 2ltr 4 pot oil burner weighing the same as a house it can shift and unless you had the works special cooper S the XC90 will match it. and when you drive the XC90 it does not feel like a big car it is more carlike than SUV to drive.

neon Aug 4th, 2017 20:38

As mentioned in most cases the date comes forward, do not think I have seen anyone get one late on here.

The car is big but drives small and the 360 camera really helps a lot.

The standard sound system is very good.

ulstrup Aug 4th, 2017 23:25

My T8, ordered in june is due to arrive in december......

shortword Aug 6th, 2017 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulstrup (Post 2305271)
My T8, ordered in june is due to arrive in december......

My T8 arrived in the dealer on July 13th. Can't get it till government grants are sorted and they're on a go slow.

Ordered end of March. Rather annoyed!!!

rejm68 Aug 7th, 2017 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by neon (Post 2305213)
As mentioned in most cases the date comes forward, do not think I have seen anyone get one late on here.

The car is big but drives small and the 360 camera really helps a lot.

The standard sound system is very good.

Unfortunately it does happen. My XC90 Inscription Pro was due in mid-July and pushed back to mid-September because of supply issues with the alloys.

Volvomichaela Aug 7th, 2017 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortword (Post 2305872)
My T8 arrived in the dealer on July 13th. Can't get it till government grants are sorted and they're on a go slow.

Ordered end of March. Rather annoyed!!!

Hi,
This is my first time posting, so please go easy on me if I have this wrong.

the xc90 t8 r-design is not eligible for a government grant, the only xc90 that will receive the grant is the t8 momentum

The xc60 t8 r-design pro and inscription pro are awaiting olev sign off, expected late September

The factories closed for annual holidays and maintenance on 14th July and first production date was today.

MtillingVolvo Aug 8th, 2017 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvomichaela (Post 2306236)
Hi,

the xc90 t8 r-design is not eligible for a government grant, the only xc90 that will receive the grant is the t8 momentum

The xc60 t8 r-design pro and inscription pro are awaiting olev sign off, expected late September

The factories closed for annual holidays and maintenance on 14th July and first production date was today.

Almost spot on, although assuming that the XC90 is a Model Year 18 vehicle then none of the T8s will be eligible as even the Momentum has a list price over 60k now.

The "Basic" XC60 T8 RDesign Pro has a P11D Value of £56795 and the Inscription Pro £57895, so as long as you don't add options which take them over the £60k mark then they will hopefully get the grant, although as mentioned this is all going through testing still....

andyfromembsay Aug 9th, 2017 10:02

Presumably with the factory back at work then people should start getting updates from dealers with builds etc?

MtillingVolvo Aug 9th, 2017 10:03

Indeed... everything is back up and running now so dates are being confirmed/moved as required.

pagan8c Aug 10th, 2017 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samrainbow (Post 2305168)

My wife is only 5'1" but finds driving our XC90 a doddle. As others have said when driving this car it feels smaller than it actually is. She loves the 360 o cameras and says when we replace this car it must have the cameras.

neon Aug 10th, 2017 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by pagan8c (Post 2306973)
My wife is only 5'1" but finds driving our XC90 a doddle. As others have said when driving this car it feels smaller than it actually is. She loves the 360 o cameras and says when we replace this car it must have the cameras.

Does she need a step to get in it.

andyfromembsay Aug 11th, 2017 06:29

Very interested to hear if anyone (particularly with a T8 on order in the UK) hears of an order moving forward. Living in hope... 😀

newboldi Aug 11th, 2017 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyfromembsay (Post 2307270)
Very interested to hear if anyone (particularly with a T8 on order in the UK) hears of an order moving forward. Living in hope... 😀

Hi, I have a T8 XC90 R design on order. Ordered it at the end of May with expected delivery 1st week in September. I'm told it will physically be at the dealers next week...let's see 🤞

andyfromembsay Aug 11th, 2017 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by newboldi (Post 2307274)
Hi, I have a T8 XC90 R design on order. Ordered it at the end of May with expected delivery 1st week in September. I'm told it will physically be at the dealers next week...let's see 🤞

Cool. So that's maybe ten days ahead of original schedule? Mine was ordered early July with a projected date of "late September" which has now gone to a build date of 1/9, delivery to dealer on 12/9 - which would suggest yours has maybe been built and is on the way?

lotusdmc Aug 11th, 2017 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyfromembsay (Post 2307270)

My T8 Inscription Pro was ordered on 28th July, anticipated delivery 20th September...

andyfromembsay Aug 11th, 2017 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotusdmc (Post 2307287)
My T8 Inscription Pro was ordered on 28th July, anticipated delivery 20th September...

Sounds pretty consistent with my experience - about 8-10 weeks from order, allowing for the shutdown period.

Bicax Aug 11th, 2017 11:10

I ordered my XC90 D5 Inscription end of June, and the expected fabrication date is still on 29 September. After reading the last comments I hope they will also move ahead of schedule with my car.

Samrainbow Aug 16th, 2017 20:28

I HAVE A DATE!!!

So I ordered on the 14th July and they've now confirmed my car will arrive at the dealers on the 4th September. Only 19 days (plus whatever they take to turn around) and counting....... 😊

shortword Aug 16th, 2017 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvomichaela (Post 2306236)
Hi,

Fortunately I'm in Ireland, not the UK. So I'm covered :)

sammyblackbaron Aug 16th, 2017 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samrainbow (Post 2309301)
I HAVE A DATE!!!

So I ordered on the 14th July and they've now confirmed my car will arrive at the dealers on the 4th September. Only 19 days (plus whatever they take to turn around) and counting....... 😊

Exciting!

andyfromembsay Aug 17th, 2017 10:50

Build date now moved forward a couple of days to 30/8, delivery by one day to 11/9. Dealer says to put the heat on the lease company as they drive handover date.

andyfromembsay Aug 28th, 2017 19:17

So we're now a day or so before the supposed build date of my XC90 - anyone know when it'll show up as "built" on the dealer's system?

The reason for my paranoia is the dealer has said the lease co is notoriously rubbish at sorting their paperwork, so I want to keep the pressure on them to do their stuff as I'll be passing the dealer (ish) 4 days after the projected delivery.

newboldi Aug 28th, 2017 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyfromembsay (Post 2307276)
Cool. So that's maybe ten days ahead of original schedule? Mine was ordered early July with a projected date of "late September" which has now gone to a build date of 1/9, delivery to dealer on 12/9 - which would suggest yours has maybe been built and is on the way?

Hi, conformation today that the car was delivered to the dealer over the weekend. Should pick up on Friday apparently...nearly there! 😀🤞

filace Aug 28th, 2017 21:36

Ordered my XC90 T8 on 22nd May, dealer reckons it'll be with them on the 6th September, ~1 week PDI and I should have it by the 13th or so.

Lexman8 Aug 28th, 2017 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyfromembsay (Post 2313145)
So we're now a day or so before the supposed build date of my XC90 - anyone know when it'll show up as "built" on the dealer's system?

It takes ~2 days to actually build the car but I don't know how quickly the dealer's system is updated.

andyfromembsay Aug 29th, 2017 10:19

Cool, thanks - will give them a shout later this week and see if anything's changed!

ulstrup Aug 29th, 2017 16:15

My T8 was due last week of november or early december.
got a call from the dealer today informing me that the car will be arriving on the 28 of september!
two months before the ETA.

it's good news, indeed but I don't understand how volvo can deliver a car 2 months in advance. Is their production planning totally erratic or the T8 demand is lower than their expectations, I wonder.

andyfromembsay Sep 1st, 2017 05:59

Contacted dealer yesterday - car showing as "factory complete" so presumably waiting to be sent over. Lease co have confirmed I should be able to collect on 15/9, so two weeks today.

Samrainbow Sep 1st, 2017 16:27

So. It's the business day before my car is due to arrive in the dealers (Monday). Gave them a little call just to see if I can pick up Thursday, maybe Friday. Get an email back - it's delayed three weeks so now the 25th. Beyond angry, not only have I had to constantly contact them for a date, they haven't bothered to let me now of the delay. On the point of telling them to shove the order.

andyfromembsay Sep 1st, 2017 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samrainbow (Post 2314289)
So. It's the business day before my car is due to arrive in the dealers (Monday). Gave them a little call just to see if I can pick up Thursday, maybe Friday. Get an email back - it's delayed three weeks so now the 25th. Beyond angry, not only have I had to constantly contact them for a date, they haven't bothered to let me now of the delay. On the point of telling them to shove the order.

Have they told you which stage it's at (eg is it built, but delivery's delayed)?

AB-UK Sep 1st, 2017 16:42

Once you have your car, is there another dealership nearby where you can go for servicing etc.?
That at least will punish them for such awful customer service.

Samrainbow Sep 1st, 2017 17:04

I've now been told my car was chosen for a "random" emissions check by a third party so is still at the factory. I've explained my concern isn't that but that no one bothered to tell me, but they say they didn't know until today. A total load of BS and I don't buy that they don't know what they're getting until the day it's delivered. Have shouted and ranted at them but not much I can do. Definitely taking it elsewhere for servicing. Am so disappointed, it's a crappy end to a crappy day.

andyfromembsay Sep 2nd, 2017 14:44

That seems weird timing anyway - once it's been tested you'd think they'd get it sent over immediately - which means about ten days?