Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Volvo Modified and Performance Meets (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=18811)

Pedro Fandango Apr 25th, 2006 16:59

i do think MissD's suggestion of "Volvo Forums Meet" was a good one & gets my vote

MissDMeanor Apr 25th, 2006 17:28

UK Volvo Meet
Volvo Fora Meet
UK Fora Meet

or something snazzy like:

Volvo Vroom
Vocalized Volvos
Volvo Volumes
Volvo Vogue
Volvo Vortex
Volvo Voices
Volvo Votives
Volvo Volants
Volatile Volvos
Volvo Volley
Volvo Vows

Someone please stop me.....:whatchutalkingabout

IC Apr 25th, 2006 17:34

Stop

OK - stop, lol :Banane45:

IC

dave-t Apr 25th, 2006 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by IC
The success of yesterday's midlands meet got me thinking! It would be good to have regular meets accross the country like where people from all the forums can get together (we'll of course still have the monthly VOC performance meets at the Crooked Billet). It would be good to have a title for the meets that does not have a specific association with any specific UK forum - something like Volvo Modified and Performance Meets - what do you all think?

IC

Volvo Venue North West
Volvo Venue West Midlands
????????????

dave-t Apr 25th, 2006 19:38

Just an idea for a location

The Ragley Boat Stop
Huge car park, great food, kids friendly. A great location close to the M1 and A50 so suitable for East Midlands, Staffordshire and South Cheshire

Bob Apr 25th, 2006 19:44

Top banana

Whatever it is called, it is a very good idea. The 'Volvo community' needs to unite and this is a great step towards that. Top marks to IC for this.

Bob

Mike_Brace Apr 25th, 2006 21:08

I feel that if this is to work well it is preferable to be kept and organised on an informal basis and at varying locations. They should try and cater for as many people as possible to be able to attend one without having to travel excessive distances. I am sure for each location that someone will volunteer to organise venues/food. It is the informality and the way it is organised without any specific person being behind it all that makes it work. I feel if it becomes a regular meet at a regular date then some of the 'magic' will be lost.

Mike

Grizlyadams Apr 25th, 2006 22:09

Mike, youve got it exactly right.
Griz

Chris_C Apr 25th, 2006 23:49

I'd also agree with Mike, in that various venues around the country are the way forward.

Another thing that may be worth thinking about, some of the most enjoyable V3M meets have been with an organised visit somewhere, i.e. not all just sat around talking in a carpark, but head to a vaguely related place, so far we've been to Gaydon, Stondon, Donnington Motor Museums, as well as heading to Haynes in a fortnight. That way there seems to be something to do for those who don't live under the bonnet of their motors. Add to that I spend time under bonnets, learning what I can, I also get to see a lot of places with like minded people who don't mind being dragged round.

Might even be able to add in things like go-karting etc, however keeping costs down for attendants is priority, my mileage from Watford -> Wolverhampton -> Southampton via Swindon on Sunday was around 300ish before entry fees come into it.

Just a few more ideas for the kitty, I definately think this is an excellent step forward, whilst I put my car in for the BKV last year, I know a lot of the stuff I do to my cars isn't healthy to my marks ;) If nothing else, Sunday seemed to break a few of the invisible barriers between the models, which is only ever a good thing.

Not to mention the knowledge that is on tap at something like that, non of us are genius' at everything, however, if everyone who attends one of those meets started a garage together, I don't think there is anything that couldn't be got running...

STE-MAL Apr 26th, 2006 00:57

Going back to the name thing, Bob has just mentioned "THE VOLVO COMMUNITY" I think that just about covers everyone.