Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Not sure if it was a Polestar. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=294956)

guestinlancs May 20th, 2019 22:40

Not sure if it was a Polestar.

Evening All; well I rang my local Volvo dealer today and asked if a Polestar upgrade would be on the service database. Answer is 'no'. You can get your service record from any dealership, provided you have proof of ownership and the services were carried out by the UK network.
All by the by now - my trusty 2006 written off today by AXA but already looking for a 2005 163bhp this time see my next post.

Harley Dave May 21st, 2019 09:25

Shame abut the write-off - good luck with the hunt for a replacement.

Re - Service History, I approached my local dealer (Snows Basingstoke, now Winchester) a couple of years ago and asked them for the SH and was told it wasn't possible - All the stamps in the book are from Volvo Dealers.

Anyone have a friendly dealer that could do it for me (subject to me sending them a copy of my "entitlement")

Cheers

Dave

Clan May 21st, 2019 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by guestinlancs (Post 2522190)
Evening All; well I rang my local Volvo dealer today and asked if a Polestar upgrade would be on the service database. Answer is 'no'. You can get your service record from any dealership, provided you have proof of ownership and the services were carried out by the UK network.
All by the by now - my trusty 2006 written off today by AXA but already looking for a 2005 163bhp this time see my next post.

The polestar info is not on service history but in the car's build database which any dealer can look up .

TimNiceBut May 21st, 2019 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2522282)
The polestar info is not on service history but in the car's build database which any dealer can look up .

I stand to be corrected but I don't think it's in the build database either, as it's a dealer-fit option as opposed to being factory fitted.

I'm trying to get a certificate for mine and am currently jumping through hoops.

The leaflet points me to Polestar.com but the option to register no longer appears on their website. I sent them an email and they said to go to my local dealer. It's with them at the moment. They didn't supply me the car but are looking into it.

SwissXC90 May 21st, 2019 11:48

My Heico tune is properly registered at the dealer and the federal vehicle registration database. It is entered in the vehicle papers, and has a serial number plaque in the engine bay

But I am in Switzerland and here we love recording data.

Clan May 21st, 2019 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimNiceBut (Post 2522294)
I stand to be corrected but I don't think it's in the build database either, as it's a dealer-fit option as opposed to being factory fitted.

I'm trying to get a certificate for mine and am currently jumping through hoops.

The leaflet points me to Polestar.com but the option to register no longer appears on their website. I sent them an email and they said to go to my local dealer. It's with them at the moment. They didn't supply me the car but are looking into it.

There is a field in the car's build sheets for "optimisation" this gets updated when the Polestar software is added and gets updated if the Polestar software is removed ..