Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   v70 Siren (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=227784)

graemedench Apr 16th, 2015 07:24

v70 Siren

Hi Looking for pcb or siren, SHMBO's has melted itself so need to replace it, anyone breaking or whatever, :)

thanks

Graeme

cheshired5 Apr 16th, 2015 09:22

Welcome to the "Anyone got a spare working P2 siren?" waiting room.
Please take a ticket and make yourself comfortable with a cup of barely recognisable coffee and a 6 year old copy of Woman's Own.
Someone will see you....... probably never. :)

graemedench Apr 16th, 2015 10:14

Yeah I know, But if you don't ask and all that. :)

pphilpot Apr 16th, 2015 11:49

I went onto partsgateway and got one quote for £60, left it for a weekend, and by Monday it had gone. Huddersfield Volvo breakers are also always out of stock. I phoned a local (ish) scrappy, and they happened to have an S60, so they are sending one out for £20. Don't know if it'll work though.

Phone your local (non-Volvo) scrap yards – they don't know the value of these :)

graemedench Apr 16th, 2015 12:11

very good shout I'll try having a look at the weekend :)

always forget about whats on the door step

also going to change the battery on my (Working) one before it does the same :)

minty Apr 16th, 2015 14:46

Hi Guys, I have a phase 2 V70 coming in tomorrow and pretty sure the siren module is working, Cheers Minty

RichT4 Apr 16th, 2015 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by minty (Post 1895591)
Hi Guys, I have a phase 2 V70 coming in tomorrow and pretty sure the siren module is working, Cheers Minty

Let us know buddy :p I need one too hahaha

nickbw898 Apr 23rd, 2015 10:08

My unit started playing up false alarming so I removed it the very same day knowing the root cause is Bosh design puts a NiMh battery above the PCB and when it starts leaking it kills it. So I opened up the siren and removed the offending battery. Unfortunately when I came to sourcing a replacement battery all suppliers were out of stock, so I ended up buying a new item from Ruff at Swansea. I still have the old unit and believe it is good. It was very carefully taken apart so, with the new battery installed it can easilly be super glued together. If you would like I also have a brand new fixing kit which I did not use. Message me if you are interested.

volvo145 Apr 23rd, 2015 11:01

Why buy S/H when you can get a brand new one for not much more if you have a chat to the likes of FRF or MRG.
At least you will never have to replace it again.

cheshired5 Apr 23rd, 2015 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo145 (Post 1900204)
Why buy S/H when you can get a brand new one for not much more if you have a chat to the likes of FRF or MRG.
At least you will never have to replace it again.

Used siren plus a new battery is about £50
New siren is £150.
Most would rather keep the £100 and if you catch it early enough, the fix is cheaper still.:thumbs_up:
Plus if you buy a new siren, you're rewarding Bosch and Volvo for producing a piece of primary school design.