Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   140/164 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Breaking K-reg Volvo 164 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=78336)

Triple-S Aug 13th, 2009 20:54

Breaking K-reg Volvo 164

Have concluded this 164 is beyond economic/sensible restoration, so will be breaking soon.

It starts, drives and stops very well and has until now been in use as an engine-parts test bed for my other cars. However, the rust has now taken hold in many places, so sense must prevail.

Most parts available (except fog/spot-lights): the twin-carb engine is very healthy and has steel timing gears too. The rest is very worn generally, but all is restorable if better is not available.

Send PM if bits wanted - however I won't be selling just one front caliper, leaving me with over a ton of immovable scrap, also I want some bits. The car is located on the south coast.

PS as they closed my local post office, unfortunately I won't be carting items to the next nearest one for shipment beyond these shores - collection would be best I reckon; that would give you a chance to see it running.

222s Aug 13th, 2009 21:08

Hi Paul,

I don't suppose that it has a centre console unit of the type that also fits Amazons? :)

Cheers,

Paul

foggyjames Aug 15th, 2009 01:30

What's the boot floor like, Paul? Are you handy with an angle grinder...? :D

Bit of a shame about the fogs...mine is missing them. Chrome headlight trims?

cheers

James

Quarterless Aug 20th, 2009 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by 222s (Post 546046)
Hi Paul,

I don't suppose that it has a centre console unit of the type that also fits Amazons? :)

Cheers,

Paul

Be interested in seeing a picture of one of these.

donegal Aug 20th, 2009 13:28

front seats

whats the front seats like paul

Triple-S Aug 21st, 2009 21:08

Donegal - apologies for late response but not on here too often.

Drivers seat (black leather) shows average wear (ie needs at least some hide feed - no big splits though) but pass. one has long split down it. However, I may have another (too dark to check now) - will look under carport tomorrow and get back to you.

Paul

chacon64 Aug 26th, 2009 00:25

power steering

Do you have the power steering for sale?.

Thanks.
Rodrigo.

rlt550 Aug 28th, 2009 17:43

Gearbox

Does it have a manual gearbox? With or without overdrive.

classicswede Aug 29th, 2009 13:57

Looking for front hubs and calipers if you have them. I want to refurb the calipers so condition is not important.

Triple-S Aug 31st, 2009 23:01

Sorry don't go on here that often, but some answers:
classicswede: must leave brakes untouched so I can drive car for a bit more, but prob have set of calipers in store; will check. Are they different width for ventilated or unventilated discs?
JFB: no rear seat belts fitted; won't postage of iron twin-Stromberg manifold be expensive to your area? Will check to be sure if interested.
Rlt550: auto box - sorry.
Chacon64: already PM'd re power steering.
Donegal: going to store next week to look for seats - will report back.

Maybe when the show season has finished I'll seriously get back to work, and be able to report quicker - its just that I love summer in the sun!