Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Volvo V70R advice (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=188459)

c5tto Sep 12th, 2013 13:47

Volvo V70R advice

Hi
Just joined up to this site,

im looking for a bit of advice on a car i have been offered, that im very tempted to buy, its a 2004 54 Volvo V70r , which looks really nice and has done 95k with service history,

is there anything to look out for in particular, it is coming up alarm service on the dash (is this an expensive fix) apart from that the car seems really nice

and i know it depends on a lot but roughly what sort of price would i expect to pay for the car, it is only mot'd until october so bearing that in mind

Thanks

rudi dudi Sep 12th, 2013 16:43

Great cars I've got one.. Leave well alone unless you've got deep pockets though... Budget a minimium of £ 1000 if anything goes wrong
Eg Shock absorber , headlamp, any control unit etc..
Mines been fairly reliable just a very complex car and most things are dealer jobs .

If your into tinkering with cars on the drive not the best choice.

c5tto Sep 12th, 2013 18:29

Ok thanks, seems a nice car just wondered on price, is £5000 a bit high for a 54 plate with 95k and a short mot?

Thanks

coughlanc Sep 12th, 2013 18:44

'Alarm system service required' message is normally caused by a failed alarm siren unit mounted under one of the front wings. It's actually one of the cheaper fixes. Parts can be had around £130.

don kalmar union Sep 12th, 2013 18:45

'R' problems.

You should also add the fragile angle gear into the equation which is a £1500 plus job if it has not already been undertaken.....also the fragility of the block if you are considering raising engine outputs.

Might well be worth your while registering at www.t5d5.org where many hands-on owners of these models hang out.

Best regards, Don.

Volvov70chick Feb 22nd, 2023 22:01

Hello guys I'm new here, I am needing some advice I have a V70 petrol 1998. I was given it by my brother I am having a few issues. I have got a slight misfire when driving I have changed spark plugs but still doing it. Also when I am driving with lights on they go completely off and then back on after few seconds. Anyone got any idea what these problems could be. I really like the car so I would like to sort these probs and then i will be happy. Any help is gratefully received.

Gen_Billy Feb 24th, 2023 11:17

Try some injection cleaner - it sorted out my minor misfire.

If its lights going off - replace the alternator which isnt producing charge /battery issues.

Simmy Feb 24th, 2023 17:02

try running the car in total darkness to look for any tracking or shorts on the plug leads have you used genuine volvo plugs or ngk as a second option volvos can be picky with cheap plugs .