Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Space Saver Wheel (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=114755)

surrey_man Jan 24th, 2011 20:21

Space Saver Wheel

Hi does any one have a space saver wheel for sale ?

beaconsman Jan 26th, 2011 09:57

HI, we have one for our volvo v70 s1, let me know as we have winter tyres fitted and due to motorway breakdonws, no longer use the space saver, just easier to change spare to proper size and continue journey as normal, not at 50!

mrdave2003 Jan 26th, 2011 16:37

if you don't take beaconsman up on their offer I've got one that I'll sell if I can find a full size wheel - space saver doesn't fit over the brakes on the front of mine but should be fine on your 850. Is yours 4 or 5 stud?

Luxobarge Jan 26th, 2011 17:00

I've got a spare space-saver from a Saab 9-3 (MY2000) - no idea if it's the same stud pattern and PCD but it could well be - it's 5-stud. It's in as-new condition, never been used.

I'm near Gatwick - PM me if interested.

Cheers.

surrey_man Jan 26th, 2011 17:45

Hi thanks all for offers your all a bit fair away apart from Luxobarge (About 20mins drive)

Ive got one from local trye man its just not a volvo one so am hoping it will fit just need to drill hole for the pin in the disk

Luxobarge is yours 5 stud and have the hole off the pin ? i might take you up on your offer :)

Luxobarge Jan 26th, 2011 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by surrey_man (Post 826275)
Luxobarge is yours 5 stud and have the hole off the pin ? i might take you up on your offer :)

Errr - not sure what you mean by the "hole off the pin" - there's just the 5 x stud holes and the large centre hole of course, so I guess the answer is no?

Just popped outside to measure it, and the PCD is about 110mm (difficult to measure precisely as it's 5-stud, but that's pretty close IMHO) and the centre hole is 64mm - hope that's helpful, if the wheel you need has those dimensions then I reckon you're in business - or perhaps I am!

Cheers :thumbs_up:

surrey_man Jan 26th, 2011 17:58

arh sounds like the wheel i got

where the stud holes are inbetween 2 off the holes theres a little hole for like a guide pin

yours does not have this ?

Luxobarge Jan 26th, 2011 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by surrey_man (Post 826281)
arh sounds like the wheel i got

where the stud holes are inbetween 2 off the holes theres a little hole for like a guide pin

yours does not have this ?

No it doesn't I'm afraid - could easily be drilled I guess?

Cheers

Jimcoted Jan 27th, 2011 13:51

Space saver

I have got a spare one, 5 stud. It was originally in the boot of my 850 T5 on LPG but when I scrapped that and bought the V70 there was another so this one is just lying around. I am driving from London to Eastbourne tomorrow morning M25/M23/A27 then back in the afternoon heading for the A20 to Lewisham to collect mates grandson's before heading back to Notting Hill. If you want the wheel give me a shout and I will throw it in the boot. I can meet en-route but cannot hang about as I have a tight schedule plus two ulta noisy German Shepherds in the car, Grand Voyager which was lovely when I bought it but thanks to them looks like a pikey's scrap collecting Transit with posh seats

andrewc1267 Jan 27th, 2011 23:31

i have one

a space saver that is which was removed from a 1999 v70R which i broke