Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   240 estate load cover & fittings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=274110)

BassplayerSteve Oct 22nd, 2017 16:04

240 estate load cover & fittings

5 Attachment(s)
Hi, I have a 240 load cover in grey with fittings for sale
£100.00 collection from Castleford West Yorks.
Postage will be challenging (packing), but may consider if no local interest.

See pics

Steve and his 244 Oct 23rd, 2017 19:03

Hi, that is a 700/900 series item, not a 240 item.

BassplayerSteve Oct 24th, 2017 09:43

See .pdf - it came out of my 240!

& this: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=272941

Stephen Edwin Oct 24th, 2017 20:07

Thank you for the pdf of the instructions. The instructions are much as I had deduced and been advised. However I wonder if anyone can add that pdf to the 200 Series Articles part of the forum please?

Good luck with your sale. If you need to post the load cover to a buyer, mine travelled to me safely in some folds of seriously stout cardboard. It was sent to me via Parcel Force.

Nicholas Lewin Oct 24th, 2017 23:19

Hi Steve

I have PMd you as I am interested...

Nick

BassplayerSteve Oct 29th, 2017 09:24

Good luck with your sale. If you need to post the load cover to a buyer, mine travelled to me safely in some folds of seriously stout cardboard. It was sent to me via Parcel Force.[/QUOTE]

Packing is indeed challenging - as it's over 1.5m they are quoting £30, but if I can pack it "angled" it goes for less!

Stephen Edwin Oct 29th, 2017 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassplayerSteve (Post 2332271)
Packing is indeed challenging - as it's over 1.5m they are quoting £30, but if I can pack it "angled" it goes for less!

The total package sent to me was less than 150 x 25 x 10 cm. The label has been cut through the statement of weight mea culpa but I'm confident it said 4kg. Interparcel offer UK deivery £10.46 by TNT with £25 cover, or £22.26 by UPS with £100 cover. Mine was sent by Parcel Force for if I remember correctly £15 but the forum member WPR678B might perhaps have a contract? Have you tried a pm to them?

But. HOW LONG is your load cover? Mine compresses by a few cm to 135cm to fit in the load bay across behind the rear seat as per instructions. When you took a load cover out of your 240, did you put it down and pick up a 740/760 cover instead to photograph and sell? An old damaged 740 cover in my "parts bin" measures over 150cm.

I can't spot covers apart, but, out of the three stephen's in this thread, one has said that is a 740/760 cover. I see the shape is different by the handle. But then again I think mine started life with a 145.

Does any of this help

WPR678B Oct 29th, 2017 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin (Post 2332309)
The total package sent to me was less than 150 x 25 x 10 cm. The label has been cut through the statement of weight mea culpa but I'm confident it said 4kg.Mine was sent by Parcel Force for if I remember correctly £15 but the forum member WPR678B might perhaps have a contract? Have you tried a pm to them?

I can't spot covers apart, but, out of the three stephen's in this thread, one has said that is a 740/760 cover. I see the shape is different by the handle. But then again I think mine started life with a 145.

Your cover started life in a 240 estate but was fitted in my 145 as they were never an option back then and I just wanted to cover all the picnic stuff and chairs etc at shows! The difference in shape is for the high level brake light, not sure when that was introduced on 240 estate's , but all load covers I have seen have had it in. The one in the PDF instructions doesn't have it though, so must have been introduced after 1984. My 240 knowlegde isn't that great!

I do not have an account with Parcelforce, just a regular Joe Public and yes, it was about 4kg's I think and under the magic 140cm's packed as over that you get into "special"services! I hope that helps?

BassplayerSteve Nov 8th, 2017 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin (Post 2332309)
The total package sent to me was less than 150 x 25 x 10 cm. The label has been cut through the statement of weight mea culpa but I'm confident it said 4kg. Interparcel offer UK deivery £10.46 by TNT with £25 cover, or £22.26 by UPS with £100 cover. Mine was sent by Parcel Force for if I remember correctly £15 but the forum member WPR678B might perhaps have a contract? Have you tried a pm to them?
Does any of this help

Yes! to clear this up the load cover came with my Torslander (unfitted). I never used it as I often required the rear seats down (I play in bands). The load cover measures 151cm uncompressed - it therefore taking the above info into account must be a 7 series cover? I no longer have the Torslander (so cannot try the cover) but have these bits in my garage.

Stephen Edwin Nov 8th, 2017 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassplayerSteve (Post 2335734)
Yes! to clear this up the load cover came with my Torslander (unfitted). I never used it as I often required the rear seats down (I play in bands). The load cover measures 151cm uncompressed - it therefore taking the above info into account must be a 7 series cover? I no longer have the Torslander (so cannot try the cover) but have these bits in my garage.

That Steve and his 244 said so! :)

I don't know but it seems likely to be a 700 item. Good luck with your sale. The 700 section is over there and I have a different wanted listing there myself at the moment.