Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Driver Profile and Memory seat buttons (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=323099)

MrM83 Jan 27th, 2022 08:21

Driver Profile and Memory seat buttons

Forgive me if this is a silly question but I’m struggling a bit.

I’ve set my profile up, adjusted my seat, mirrors, head up display, great.

What function to the seat memory buttons on the door serve? I’m not sure I understand the point of them if settings are stored in a profile.

I’m still trying to get my head around the driver profile thing, and protecting, and not protecting the profile. I fear if I hit a memory button, I will be folded in half by the seat and my profile will remember this last setting.

rhd443 Jan 27th, 2022 09:17

If you are sitting in the seat, you need to hold a numbered button to get the seats to move, it doesn't just do it like it does when you unlock the car with a key profile set.

You can use the seat memory without key profiles, just press the number button before you get in.

Press M and then a number to store the current settings, pressing M on its own doesn't do any damage to any profile.

Goatherder Jan 27th, 2022 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrM83 (Post 2803037)
What function to the seat memory buttons on the door serve? I’m not sure I understand the point of them if settings are stored in a profile.

Let me give you an example of why the two are useful to be separate.

I have 2 keys, one assigned to Profile1 for me, one assigned to Profile2 for my wife
My wife's profile is set for a short-arsed person
When I set my profile, I saved ALSO it to button 1 too, at the same time
With my wife's key, I had her save button 2 to be the same seat position as the profile

So, if she happens to have driven the car, using her key to unlock/drive....and then I want to jump in an drive/move the car, I would have my knees up around my neck....so I just press Button 1. That way, her profile is not horked up (even though it is saved and locked, it does still get itself in a mess sometimes).

As a side grumble (not related to this Op's post) profiles should be easier than Volvo make it. It should not be that hard. Example: If you can bring back favorite stations with the profile, why would you not bring back the correct phone ? Stooopid.

nu11eaf Jan 27th, 2022 10:25

Setting your seat memory is useful if you alter your seat position while in the car and you can then quickly set it back to your setting.

I am tall and have my seat set well back and also reclined quite a bit, if I have a rear passenger I move my seat a little to give them more room (memory setting No2 which I have set for that) and when they exit I press the memory setting No1, (my normal position).

There are other times I have had to alter my perfect seat position when in the car and the memory function gets it straight back to it.

MrM83 Jan 27th, 2022 10:38

Thanks for the replies, I’m still a bit confused as to the hierarchy of the driver profile and the memory seats.

Let’s say the seat is left in some random position.

Car is locked. I unlock it, get in. My profile is bound to the key I used to unlock the car and is placed on the centre console. Does the seat adjust the setting per the driver profile?

If I then make subsequent adjustments (irrespective of if I save them as M1, 2 or 3), is there a way I can revert back to the settings per the stored profile?

I assume I need to make sure the profile is locked to prevent random seat movements, what are peoples thoughts on “best practice” with regards to saving profile settings. As someone alluded to above, the process seems more complex then perhaps it needs to be.

Thanks again

Familyman 90 Jan 27th, 2022 10:48

You might wish to change drivers during a journey, but as you only have one key with you the car only automatically recognises you.

There may also be ,ore regular drivers than there are keys, so again being able tomaccess the profiles with a simpke button push is useful.

MrM83 Jan 27th, 2022 11:08

Hang on, so do the memory buttons 1,2,3 pertain to driving profiles opposed to just seat settings?

nu11eaf Jan 27th, 2022 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrM83 (Post 2803080)
Hang on, so do the memory buttons 1,2,3 pertain to driving profiles opposed to just seat settings?

Just seats and external mirrors. As far as I am aware.