Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   No spark no fuel. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=82755)

Toplights Oct 22nd, 2009 13:05

No spark no fuel.

Good afternoon all,Thought i had Dodgy tappets causing non starting.After a bit more investigation it appears i have no spark and no fuel getting through.
I am at a bit of a loss as to what the problem is. Heeelllpppp.

acshortt5 Oct 22nd, 2009 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by toplights941 (Post 577207)
Good afternoon all,Thought i had Dodgy tappets causing non starting.After a bit more investigation it appears i have no spark and no fuel getting through.
I am at a bit of a loss as to what the problem is. Heeelllpppp.

Flat battery?

Toplights Oct 22nd, 2009 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by acshortt5 (Post 577216)
Flat battery?

Are you having a Giraffe? He He.

acshortt5 Oct 22nd, 2009 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by toplights941 (Post 577225)
Are you having a Giraffe? He He.

Not really bearing in mind in your other thread you've probably cranked the hell out of the battery trying to get it started.

No fuel AND no spark is almost always something electrical that's gone wrong and 1st thing you should always check is the battery.

Toplights Oct 22nd, 2009 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by acshortt5 (Post 577227)
Not really bearing in mind in your other thread you've probably cranked the hell out of the battery trying to get it started.

No fuel AND no spark is almost always something electrical that's gone wrong and 1st thing you should always check is the battery.

Andrew,I have been fully recharging it every time i have tested it,and allways start with a full charge,i dont think a flat battery would acount for no fuel,when i remove the plugs after cranking (with the fuel pump fuse in)they are dry as a bone.thanks for your interest.

grass hopper Oct 22nd, 2009 19:49

no fuel and no spark :coffee:

could be a faulty flywheel pick up sensor,this should log a code though,worth checking with a code reader.

Richard_TD Oct 22nd, 2009 20:25

Could still be the cam belt.

Toplights Oct 22nd, 2009 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_TD (Post 577398)

Cam belt only 3,000miles old and i would have thought loss of cam belt position would have caused some sort of clatter,dont think it would account for lack of fuel or spark.thanks for your comments though.

Ps i am now leaning towards an alarm/imobilizer problem.

grass hopper Oct 22nd, 2009 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_TD (Post 577398)

the flywheel pick up sensor takes a reading of the (flywheel) so even if the cambelt had snapped you would still get a spark/fuel pressure as the starter turns the flywheel when cranking,if the camshaft can't be seen through the oil filller cap its worth removing the top part of the timing cover to have a look a the belt.

Toplights Oct 22nd, 2009 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by grass hopper (Post 577408)
the flywheel pick up sensor takes a reading of the (flywheel) so even if the cambelt had snapped you would still get a spark/fuel pressure as the starter turns the flywheel when cranking,if the camshaft can't be seen through the oil filller cap its worth removing the top part of the timing cover to have a look a the belt.

Will certainly have a look in the morning it will at least eliminate it being the cam belt,thanks for your comment.