Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Towing and Caravan Topics (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Towing help and information (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=42521)

Bob Aug 19th, 2007 20:29

Towing help and information

This is a link to Ryder Towing, with lots of info on lighting, electrics, relays, regulations, etc..

Bob

deadman2 Mar 16th, 2008 18:12

towbars and stuff

the ryder towing link info is out of date i am a towbar fitter so if you have any probs talk to me .tf2218 dose all cars apart from jag s typ the x typ jag [s a mondeo in wolf clothing

thegringos Jul 22nd, 2009 07:06

volvo V70 wiring connection

Hi Deadman 2
Wonder if you can help?
I have just aquired a 2007( jan. ) V70 D5
I have fitted a witter tow bar and a PCT towing interface but as I do not have a wiring diagram am having difficulty locating the correct pick up points on the car
I only tow a trailer and therefor need connections for 2side lights,2 indicators and stop lights

thegringos

SteveH50 Oct 17th, 2010 10:46

V70 Towing Caravan

Hi
Question on how to get the best out of towing with our '09 V70 D5 Geartronic. We've just bought a new twin axle caravan and are over 90% of MTPLM. To best alleviate any downsides of this we're resolved not to carry any excess weight in the van and to be fair there's oodles of space in the car and we can fix a bike carrier between the car and the 'van. To top this off we've got a monster 60 litre Thule roof box, so no shortage of storage! However, it occurs to us that with 2 Adults and two teenagers added to the mix we may be just shifting a problem. Would it be a reasonable solution to uprate the rear suspension/shockabsorbers and what effect might this have on towing?

tonyvolvo Oct 31st, 2010 19:22

Towing

Hi. I caravan with v70 now xc70. Fitted selfleveling to v70. Far better ride. Have to replace shocks coil springs antiroll bar. Volvo kit £600+. Brought mine from scrap dealer.
01873 853826

cestrian Jun 28th, 2011 10:34

Towball

Hi,
Brand new to the forum and new V70 owner. It's a 2003 D5 AWD Estate with a towbar but not the ball or the swan neck. Just 2 bolt holes. Have checked ebay and asked a couple of dealers. All of which won't supply alone, only a full towbar package.
Can anyone assist.

andy72 Jun 28th, 2011 11:43

is it a volvo towbar?

Im guessing is a removable one with the removable bit missing? does it have a brand sticker on it.

if you can find that, try ringing the manufactuerer and see if they can supplythe missing parts?

or look on ebay for a cheap 2nd hand one the same and just rob the bits you need.

cestrian Jun 30th, 2011 15:45

Thanks Andy,
Done the ebay, postage costs now outstrip the value of item buying on many occasions. Looked for a label and as the car is 8 years old, now missing if it had one in the first place.

daveyb Jun 30th, 2011 22:25

square

Is it just a square plate showing if so caravan shop should have them

apostle Jul 17th, 2011 14:00

Towbars and stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadman2 (Post 387419)
the ryder towing link info is out of date i am a towbar fitter so if you have any probs talk to me .tf2218 dose all cars apart from jag s typ the x typ jag [s a mondeo in wolf clothing

Could you text your Mobile number to 07979 378841. I need a towbar. Live just up the road from you. Thank You for reading. G.