Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   ETM Issues (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Electrics: Volvo finally recall cars over the ETM issue (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=27931)

deathrider311271 Apr 17th, 2011 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvoguy (Post 887803)
got a used ETM to replace my blown one. got it on, works perfect except for one glitch-does not keep idle steady. All codes got erased, revs up smooth, very nice sound, OBD comes with no faults.
seems to be a software upload to make new ETM compatible with current ECU. Any ideas other than a dealer jobby? Not really wanting to invest into Vida/DiEC tools myself.
thanks!

what volvo do u have? what volvo did the new to you ETM come off?

simon

Vinnytwin Apr 18th, 2011 14:29

ETM Problem?

Hi I'm a new Volvo owner brought my 2001 C70 cab (65000 miles) at the beginning of Feb. Started out for work this morning and in every gear at about 2000 revs it feels like the engine is surging, almost like the turbo has "kicked" in. Never done this before, am I to assume this is the dreaded ETM fault that I heard so much about?
Any help anyone can give me would be most appreciated as I bought the car from a dealer and it has 3 months warranty on it so if there is going to be a bill for repair I'll take it straight back to him.

RUTV70 Apr 18th, 2011 17:12

Vinny....As Mike suggested in your other forum post...it ain't necessarily your ETM..get the codes read.!
Take it back to the dealer you bought it from and USE the warranty.
Most garages will have at least a basic code reader which may flag up a DTC.
A Volvo main dealer will read your codes...but they'll charge you about £30-40 I reckon, for the pleasure.!!
A Volvo Indy will be cheaper if you have one in your area.!

Neil

Nigel H Jul 13th, 2011 18:40

ETM Problem?

Volvo V70 Classic 2.4 SE 2000/W

Anyone know if this is part of the same ETM problems others are having? My engine light comes on with code P0225 which points to the throttle position sensor. Haven't had the limp mode happen but sometimes I experience unexplained harsh acceleration when I'm not actually touching throttle pedal hard. I can clear the fault code, but usually comes back after about 50 miles or so.

c_lee Dec 12th, 2011 00:25

Hmm - interesting

I have browsed much the forum tonight for posts relating to this subject - despite me usually staying mostly in the 200 ser forum.
I had nothing better to do.

It is interesting to note how many respondents to this, and other historical threads here on the same subject, last visited the forums here quite a long time ago - despite being forum members for a while.

Hmm - interesting.

It is also interesting to note, on other historical threads here relating to this subject, how SOME particular external links no longer resolve - despite the base domain name of that link resolving OK.

Hmm - interesting.

Colin

DT1812 Jan 28th, 2012 15:35

s60 2.0ts help needed

my y reg 80,000 mile car drives very nice till i stop and pull away again then there is a delay from foot to engine, about a second idles fine and pulls great
just worries you a bit a junctions any ideas how to fix this. ty

M D E Sep 10th, 2012 20:15

Whats the current price of a new ETM (mines a 2001 C70) needs new accelerator assembly as my ETM is inside there.....Current Volvo are still quoting new car money !

mikealder Sep 10th, 2012 20:53

@ MDE, if your ETM is failing take it off and send it to Lukasz to get it repaired (see Here for details, plenty of happy customers and no re-programming charges that require a visit to a main dealer, take it off yourself, post it to London and refit once you get it back - Mike

Darb197 Sep 9th, 2013 17:46

so is this the final and current fix?
my '02 actually has a few of the problems after reading this thread :(

DJT Feb 12th, 2014 14:38

Thought you might be interested in the reply from Volvo

Dear Mr Tuting

Thank you for your e-mail.

I can confirm that there are no outstanding recalls linked to your vehicle and furthermore, we did not launch a recall in Europe in relation to the ETS/ETM.

I’m afraid therefore that this is not something we would contribute towards as at almost 11 years old and 172,000 miles, the vehicle falls outside our goodwill parameters. I am sorry I could not respond more positively however I’m sure your local Volvo dealer will be happy to look at the car, provide a confirmed diagnosis and a price for rectification.

Jo Bright

Customer Support Manager
Volvo Car UK Limited
Volvo Car Group - Western Europe