Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   300/66 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   340GLE Nearly new! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=59527)

jjbvolvo Oct 9th, 2008 20:56

340GLE Nearly new!

Hello chaps, I have recently inherited my great aunts 340GLE saloon, its quite a barn find if you like that sort of thing but its not my cup of tea im afraid (cant fit the dog in the boot you see) anyway its a typical old dear story she harldy ever used it so its in near as dammit show room condition, a genuine 28,000 miles, un-marked black leather interioir and an engine you could eat off, literally, its that clean! Its on an E-plate and is a 1.7. It doesnt have an MOT but I plan to get that done within the next week, which should time nicely with the DVLA sending me a nice new V5.

So I figured if anyone wanted it, it would probably be you lot? Ill get some pictures sorted out as soon as I can, but if you want to email me in the mean time you can reach me at Kill__crazy@hotmail.com or JonathanJBrittain@hotmail.co.uk

AUTOMAN Oct 11th, 2008 22:25

Please send us more info regarding the car, allong with some snaps. We would like to know the colour etc and also where in the country the car is located. Some idea of the price would also be helpfull.

Thanks,

Ian.

doomvolvo Oct 12th, 2008 18:23

Im interested but as stated elsewhere we nned more details and a ball park price for the vehicle

cumbrianmale Oct 12th, 2008 18:33

I emailed him a couple days ago, not had a reply yet, but I'm sure the family have other considerations at this time.

jjbvolvo Oct 14th, 2008 10:35

volvo 340

Hi Ian, sorry for the delay getting back to you, the car is finished in Silver, has electric front windows, original stereo, leather interior and a sunroof I have taken some pictures but im strugling to get them uploaded at the moment, but I can email them to you? Im looking for offers around £1000 once it has passed its MOT, I got this figure from the amount of interest the car is generating and the fact that there is a 1.4DL with similar mileage on autotrader for double the price and half the spec.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AUTOMAN (Post 413413)
Please send us more info regarding the car, allong with some snaps. We would like to know the colour etc and also where in the country the car is located. Some idea of the price would also be helpfull.

Thanks,

Ian.

jjbvolvo Oct 14th, 2008 11:08

volvo 340

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomvolvo (Post 413657)
Im interested but as stated elsewhere we nned more details and a ball park price for the vehicle

Im looking for about £1000 on the asumtion that it passes its MOT, Not really sure what else to tell you about it, I have photos but im afraid im to inept to upload them, I can email them to you?

stevo48 Oct 14th, 2008 11:17

I'm thinking you are being a little over enthusiastic with your price for this car bearing in mind it is, regardless of condition an E 'reg 340. Perhaps if you do a search on this or any Volvo forum for 340 sales you might come up with a more realistic figure.........

doomvolvo Oct 14th, 2008 12:04

Yeah unfortunately thats a little out of my range really. Good luck to you in getting that for it though. Kicking myself for turning down the mint 360 gle for £200 now :(

jjbvolvo Oct 14th, 2008 16:27

Bit much

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevo48 (Post 414232)
I'm thinking you are being a little over enthusiastic with your price for this car bearing in mind it is, regardless of condition an E 'reg 340. Perhaps if you do a search on this or any Volvo forum for 340 sales you might come up with a more realistic figure.........

Yeh, I did think maybe that was aiming a bit high, I was going mainly on the advice of other people. I am open to suggestions of a more sensible price?

Chris_C Oct 14th, 2008 17:24

It really depends on condition, lately a few A1 condition ones have gone for more on ebay, but it really depends on the day. Anything with ticket seems to be over 500 at the moment, but definately not the 99p bargins of a few years ago!