Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Any interest in 1982 Volvo 244 GLT (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=290006)

Oakounce Dec 26th, 2018 08:00

Any interest in 1982 Volvo 244 GLT

Hello (new to forum),
I will keep it simple to start :) I live in France and when moved took with us our 1982 Volvo 244 GLT 2,3 litre automatic (RHD). Now done only 110k miles and been in dry garage for 20 years. Still runs but needs (I think) relatively minor overhaul to restore to pristine conditions. About to move to Sweden and decision time...sell, scrap (horror don't want too)..looking for genuine loving home...she is (in our eyes, beautiful)
Is there any interest out there or advice you can offer me...Thank you in advance...photos available and of course more history etc
Tim

mentepazza Dec 26th, 2018 11:42

Save it!!! That would be a nice project. RHD not ideal outside Uk. it could be very cool in Sweden :) post some pictures.

john.wigley Dec 26th, 2018 13:44

If it is practicable, I agree with 'mentepazza'. If there is anywhere that I would care to drive a RHD car outside the UK, it would be Scandinavia. The less pressured driving style in Sweden (outside Stockholm and Gothenburg) makes it much more pleasant to live with than in mainland Europe.

Regards, John.

jack taylor Dec 26th, 2018 15:01

Hi, for what its worth I live in southern spain with my RHD 1998 V70 and never have any problems driving on the right provided mirrors are set up correctly.

Oakounce Dec 26th, 2018 22:20

Hi Jack, you are right :) I drive a RHD MGTF for fun down in France...just need to be twice as careful overtaking on small roads...or don't (overtake I mean)

grumpydad Dec 27th, 2018 00:43

Hi
yes interest
have you any pic and a price
I have sent you a PM with my
Email address

Thanks

kmb Dec 28th, 2018 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakounce (Post 2479105)
Hello (new to forum),
I will keep it simple to start :) I live in France and when moved took with us our 1982 Volvo 244 GLT 2,3 litre automatic (RHD). Now done only 110k miles and been in dry garage for 20 years. Still runs but needs (I think) relatively minor overhaul to restore to pristine conditions. About to move to Sweden and decision time...sell, scrap (horror don't want too)..looking for genuine loving home...she is (in our eyes, beautiful)
Is there any interest out there or advice you can offer me...Thank you in advance...photos available and of course more history etc
Tim

Hello there, I'm also down in Lyon (currently my UK C30 is here with me), I don't see many old Volvos here and they're often beaten to death by French bump parking. Sounds like your one, has avoided the city life by living in a garage... Mine too, I also use TCL if heading into the city to avoid parking charges and such bumping buffoonery.

I would advise putting an ad on carandclassic.co.uk I think it's free and it def has good coverage.

GLWTS!

MY V70T5 Dec 28th, 2018 13:39

can i see pictures?

speedyG50 Dec 28th, 2018 22:54

Prices in France are better than the UK .. so sell it there on one of their free "annonce" sites

Oakounce Dec 29th, 2018 20:30

sure, please send me an email address, easier?