Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   V40/XC '12>17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Waiting for it... (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=190354)

church0708 Oct 11th, 2013 20:38

Waiting for it...

Hi all, just joined the forum as am (im)paitently waiting for delv of our new V40 R Design to arrive.
Hopefully should be here early December, so just in time to get very dirty on the English roads !!

D2 in Ice White. No extras as budget tight !!

smeems Oct 11th, 2013 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by church0708 (Post 1498548)
Hi all, just joined the forum as am (im)paitently waiting for delv of our new V40 R Design to arrive.
Hopefully should be here early December, so just in time to get very dirty on the English roads !!

Nice one! I just picked up my Ice White D2 today. Was going for no options but then buckled and got a few extras. Only a few hours in and loving it.

It was already made so it came with some nice options at a great price. One of the features is the park pilot. I thought it would be a gimmick I'd never use but after playing with it, its bloody brilliant!

Going to give it a month before I start to do my review as it takes me about that long to get comfy in a car but initial findings are its very comfy but I find the bolsters on the r design a little intruding, hopefully they will bed in.

Enjoy the long wait, the car is worth it!

sprout99 Oct 15th, 2013 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by church0708 (Post 1498548)

ordered ours at start of august and it's due (unless delayed again) mid november.

just in time for the wheels to be swapped over to winters !

subaqua Oct 15th, 2013 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprout99 (Post 1500631)
ordered ours at start of august and it's due (unless delayed again) mid november.

just in time for the wheels to be swapped over to winters !

is that due to it being an R design ? or the extras you ordered on it ?

ordered ours 10th Sept and collect on Saturday 19th Oct . is only an SE but has a few extra toys

NewVolvo Oct 15th, 2013 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by subaqua (Post 1500664)
is that due to it being an R design ? or the extras you ordered on it ?

ordered ours 10th Sept and collect on Saturday 19th Oct . is only an SE but has a few extra toys

I believe August is the month of holidays that would automatically throw back the production a month or so(I could be wrong re hols time though).

volvorocks Oct 15th, 2013 17:25

With you guys that have ordered the R Design model, was there any particular reason why, over say the SE or the SE LUX etc?

Regards

NewVolvo Oct 16th, 2013 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvorocks (Post 1500679)
With you guys that have ordered the R Design model, was there any particular reason why, over say the SE or the SE LUX etc?

Regards

We choose the R-Design for these reasons:
1. R-Design looks without a doubt more sporty and suits the V40.
2. Better seats.
3. Wife insisted on it!

volvorocks Oct 16th, 2013 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewVolvo (Post 1501003)
We choose the R-Design for these reasons:

3. Wife insisted on it!

I supppose all other reasons are irrelevant then!

NewVolvo Oct 16th, 2013 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvorocks (Post 1501101)
I supppose all other reasons are irrelevant then!

Absolutely! :D

church0708 Oct 18th, 2013 12:02

Yeh, just for the sporty looks