Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   [V70R AWD] Rear nivomats + Fr and Rr springs (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=275693)

niavlysj Dec 4th, 2017 12:39

[V70R AWD] Rear nivomats + Fr and Rr springs

Hi

I'm looking for a complete set of spring for my V70, and a pair of Nivomats for AWD version
All coming from a V70R AWD (lowered version of V70) in good condition.

TME springs acceptable also.

You will need to be able to send it to France.

Thanks!

sdg1970 Dec 4th, 2017 16:20

I have a pair of Nivomat rear coil springs. They came off my 1997 V70R (FWD). I believe they are the same, though will need confirmation

niavlysj Dec 5th, 2017 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdg1970 (Post 2344315)
I have a pair of Nivomat rear coil springs. They came off my 1997 V70R (FWD). I believe they are the same, though will need confirmation

thank you for your offer, but I would prefer AWD version, as it seems to be different partnumber.

Bigfella666 Dec 5th, 2017 12:50

Niav

You are correct- as somebody who has recently imported a pair if AWD Nivos I can confirm they are a different ( shorter as well I believe ) fitting.

So in short they are are different part number as they are ....... different

AcidicDavey Dec 6th, 2017 01:15

I've got a spare pair of rear nivos off a 98 V70R AWD, no other suspension bits though.

Bigfella666 Dec 6th, 2017 07:15

Looks like the latest project car will see significant dollars available for the next stage. Secondhand AWD Nivos priceless !!!!!

niavlysj Dec 6th, 2017 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcidicDavey (Post 2345007)
I've got a spare pair of rear nivos off a 98 V70R AWD, no other suspension bits though.

Are they working well? What could be the price?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigfella666
Looks like the latest project car will see significant dollars available for the next stage. Secondhand AWD Nivos priceless !!!!!

Then, it is still available brand new on Viva Performance.
So if they are not working, I know where to take them

Bigfella666 Dec 6th, 2017 20:14

Niav

They are available from a number of outlets in the uk but your guess is spot on - I ordered mine from Viva. I have the advantage of being able to import from USA free of import duty and VAT - in the U.K. this adds 30% to the price so beware !

I replaced mine with new ones on the basis I hope my R keeps going for 3+ years and given they will do approx 5000 miles a year I would not be letting them go for under 300 quid when that sad day comes.

AcidicDavey Dec 7th, 2017 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by niavlysj (Post 2345044)
Are they working well? What could be the price?

It's hard to say to be honest, it was a scrap car they came off but I can say that the boot was full of junk yet the car remained nice and level. I can say that the rubber boots are torn.

Price? No idea, what do you think?
Obviously I can provide you with some pictures if you wish.

Bigfella666 Dec 7th, 2017 09:48

Davey

Sounds like they have probably done considerable miles, but so long as no fluid is leaking let me start the bidding at £100 plus courier !!!! ????

If you had been posting these for sale 6 months ago that would have been my offer instead of buying new !