Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Volvo 245 GLT 1988 F Reg (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=58571)

Jonaman Sep 20th, 2008 10:55

Volvo 245 GLT 1988 F Reg

Volvo 245 GLT 1988 F Reg
This old lady of mine has done 263.000 miles and never let me (or the previous owner) down. At the moment she is SORNd and has been off the road since March 2008 awaiting the repair that I have never got round to. She is not running - I suspect that there is a fault with the fuel pump - and I just haven't had time to do anything about it.
I believe the wheels are what you call "Virgos" and the tyres have some life left in them (front Pirelli 6000, rear Enduros). Yes there is some rust at the bottom corners of the doors but nothing coming through to the outside. Full Waxoyl at about 100K. All servicing done by myself and local garage. Detailed records kept.
Interior well used but no rips on the black leather seats.
I have to offer it as a salvage vehicle becuase it doesn't run but that doesn't mean that I want to give it away. Also included will be two v. good front wings + bonnet and a couple of big boxes of spares from an earlier model.
Call me on 01789 750 321 or mobile 00 47 975 94 222 (yes that is Norway) if you want to discuss. All serious offers will be considered but you must collect.

Mike1967 Sep 20th, 2008 11:11

Would you be willing to sell the wheels seperatly from the car , I would give you my torslanda alloys plus a small amount of cash just so you are able to have the car still mobile .

Paul240480 Sep 20th, 2008 20:30

Stig you try oh so hard, that your offer just has to be accepted:thumbs_up::star:

PS: if I was in the UK I'd be after the 'leather'...........

Steve and his 244 Sep 21st, 2008 08:35

^^^ What the hell is that?! ^^^

Jonaman Sep 21st, 2008 09:59

Stig, Yes all things will be considered and I had considered selling the wheels and "armchairs" separately before scrapping the rest. I reckon that the tailgate would also be worth selling on because it's off a 1994 model and only just been fitted. Just for your information the wheels were professionally restored by Silverline in Warwick some years ago so they're not in bad shape. Let me have a think about it and get back to you later.BR Jon

Mike1967 Sep 21st, 2008 10:20

Thanks John I look forward to hearing from you .

Would it be possible to post up some pictures also ?

940SportsEdition Sep 21st, 2008 14:50

What sort of money are you after for the whole thing, and is it in the UK or Norway. I am looking for another project, could maybe do a deal with the stig on the wheels as I have some hydras to put on it anyway.

Mike1967 Sep 21st, 2008 16:23

As I stated im just after the Virgo alloys from it .

Jonaman Sep 22nd, 2008 22:49

I have no idea what to ask for the whole thing. I have a guy interested in the interior and Stig interested in the wheels. After that I'm left with the shell to sell to a local scrappy. Let me see what I would get from him for the weight of metal. The car is in the UK (Stratford-upon-Avon) it's just that I work in Norway - hence lack of time to play around with the car and the Norwegian mobile number. Best regards Jon